|LEGO® → System → Exclusives|
10213 Shuttle Adventure is a LEGO Exclusives set based on the Space theme released in late June 2010. It contains three minifigures and 1204 pieces. The set is based on a NASA Space Shuttle and includes the exterior fuel tank, the solid-fuel booster rockets and part of the launch platform. It includes two astronauts (one male, one female) and a Service crew member.
The Space Shuttle
Located on the bottom of the shuttle are separtible two booster rockets and a large fuel tank. Inside the shuttle, there is a cockpit furnished with computers and keyboards where the two astronauts are able to control the shuttle. As opposed to using a conventional windshield, there are transparent, short 1x1 sloping roof tiles laid across the near of the nose of the shuttle. In the middle section of the shuttle, there is a compartment where the shuttle's satellite is held. This compartment is able to open and close with great ease. There is also another piece which holds the satellite in place- the arm. This arm is created to represent the Canadarm. It can also fold to allow the satellite to be removed from the compartment easily. At the rear of the shuttle are the vehicle's thrusters, and a tail. In addition to all of this, there are also foldable wheels located at the bottom of the shuttle which allows the wheels to be easily retracted. Four lights are also placed around the premises of this station.
The Launch Station
The Launch Station of this set contains a grey coloured baseplate which has bricks that acts as pieces which hold the shuttle upright. There is also a small ground maintenance vehicle included which the service crew member minifigure drives.
The Space Shuttle included in this set is made to represent NASA's Space Shuttle Columbia. The set also contains that is said to be based on the Chandra X-Ray Observatory satellite, launched in 1999.
- This set was re-released as 10231 Shuttle Expedition, with several alterations.
- This set was displayed on the cover of the LEGO Shop Catalog for summer 2010.
- This is the second full-size shuttle released by LEGO. The other is 7470 Space Shuttle Discovery, which was an official NASA model.
- The shuttle's official name is "Adventure".
- The scale of the space shuttle orbiter in this set is bigger in relation to its external tank/solid rocket boosters compared to the scale of the actual space shuttle.