- Ole Kirk Christiansen's carpentry shop nearly goes bankrupt during the Great Depression. With a lack of normal carpentry jobs, Ole Kirk starts producing toys, many of which were wooden pull toys.
- Christiansen's carpentry shop is struck by lightning and burns down, the second time. The first time this happened was in 1924, 8 years earlier.
- Kirstine Christiansen, Ole Kirk Christiansen's wife, dies.
- Hilary Fisher Page founds Kiddicraft in Purley, Surrey. Kiddicraft would later produce the first interlocking plastic bricks, the forerunners to the LEGO brick.
Themes introduced or discontinued
- The first wood toy was released.