Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|LEGO® → System → CUUSOO → Back to the Future|
|Back to the Future Time Machine|
21103 Back to the Future Time Machine is a CUUSOO set, based on the DeLorean time machine from the film series Back to the Future. It was available for purchase at the San Diego Comic-Con on July 18, 2013 before its general release on August 1.
- 21103 Back to the Future™ Time Machine
It is with great pleasure we reveal that the next LEGO CUUSOO set will be the Back to the Future Time Machine, based upon the LEGO CUUSOO project by m.togami and Sakuretsu. As one of the earliest projects on the site’s global open beta, headlines of a potential Back to the Future LEGO set was seen on popular sites including Gizmodo and Brothers Brick, helping LEGO CUUSOO gain massive appeal.
The final product is still in development in coordination with our license partner, Universal Partnerships & Licensing. We'll show the final model and you’ll be able to order your own copy when it becomes available in mid-2013 (exact dates and pricing to be determined).
- Back to the Future DeLorean Time Machine
By m.togami* and Sakuretsu
After analyzing the supporters of the Back to the Future project, we learned that this product has a broad, worldwide appeal. The model presented in this project is built very closely to the LEGO Group’s design standards and has therefore provided a strong base to design the final product. It has a high play value and it fits well with supporters’ price expectations.
This set is based on the time-traveling DeLorean that was invented by Dr. Emmett Brown in the Back to the Future film series, the one from the original 1985 film, the flying DeLorean from the sequel, and the Wild West DeLorean from the third and final film in the trilogy.
- The 1% that the builders make on the sale of this will be donated to the Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research.
- The instructions give the builder the opportunity to add details to the car (which are included in the set itself) to modify it into three different versions, that represent the DeLorean as depicted in the three different movies.
- The date given on the time circuit piece is January 28, 1958, the date on which the modern LEGO brick patent was filed.
- The first edition of the Flux Capacitor piece was printed with a spelling error, where instead of "SHIELD EYES FROM LIGHT" it read "SHEILD EYES FROM LIGHT". Owners of the misprinted part were able to request a replacement piece with the correct spelling.
References and Sources
- Results of the Summer LEGO® Review
- First images of 21103 Back to the Future Time Machine
- Information about the Back to the Future set Flux Capacitor misspelling
|view · talk · editIDEAS|
|Sets:||21100 Shinkai 6500 | 21101 Hayabusa | 21102 Micro World | 21103 Back to the Future Time Machine | 21104 Mars Science Laboratory Curiosity Rover | 21108 Ghostbusters Ecto-1 | 21109 Exo Suit | 21110 Research Institute | 21301 Birds | 21302 The Big Bang Theory | 21303 WALL•E | 21304 Doctor Who | 21305 Maze | 21306 The Beatles Yellow Submarine | 21307 Caterham Seven 620R | 21308 Adventure Time|
|Figures:||Minifigures: Amy Farrah Fowler | Bernadette Rostenkowski-Wolowitz | Clara Oswald | Dalek | Doc Brown | Egon Spengler | Eleventh Doctor | Howard Wolowitz | Junichiro Kawaguchi | Leonard Hofstadter | Marty McFly | Penny | Peter Venkman | Rajesh Koothrappali | Raymond Stantz | Sheldon Cooper | The Doctor | Weeping Angel | Winston Zeddemore |
Micro Mobs: Creeper | Steve