|LEGO® → System i Leg → System i Leg Accessories|
223 1 x 1 Round Bricks is a System i Leg Accessories set released in 1956. It contains forty 1 x 1 round bricks, and was in production from 1956-1965. There are seven separate releases of this set from 1956 onward. Each version was released in a different country and had different piece counts.
- 1956-58 Central Europe 40 round bricks
- 1958-62 EU 40 round bricks
- 1960-65 UK 40 round bricks
- 1961-65 USA 62 round bricks
- 1962-65 CAN 56 round bricks
- 1962-65 AUS 40 round bricks
- 1963-65 EU 38 round bricks
- Central Europe = Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Netherlands, Belgium and distant Portugal.
- EU = Continental Europe
This set is the same as set 1222 1 x 1 Round Bricks released in 1955.
There are 3 types of the 1x1 round bricks:
1. Solid Stud/Full Base. – These 1x1 round bricks have a cylinder shape, with LEGO printed on the stud on top. These were produced from 1954 to 1965.
2. Solid Stud/Tapered Base. – These 1x1 round bricks have a square tapered base, and LEGO printed on the stud on top. These were produced from 1964 to 1978.
3. Hollow Stud/Tapered Base. – These 1x1 round bricks have a square tapered base, but with a hole in the middle of the stud, no room for LEGO. These were produced from circa 1979 to the present.