|LEGO → System → Star Wars → Classic|
Alongside LEGO® Star Wars' 10th anniversary, LEGO produced Chrome Darth Vader Minifigures to promote the event. 10,000 Chrome Darth Vaders in shiny, reflective paint were randomly inserted into 2009 Star Wars sets in the US and Europe. (Contrary to LEGO's 2007 Gold C-3PO promotion for Star Wars' 30th anniversary, they decided to also include the battle packs in the list of sets that these special Minifigures would be randomly inserted into.) They were also given away as promotionals in some LEGO brand stores, or with the purchase of certain amounts of LEGO Star Wars sets in other countries. Aditionally, a New York Toy Fair 2009 exclusive contained this Minifigure. Also, in the chronicle, there was a competition to win it with any minifigure from Star Wars. It could also be obtained by the Australia LEGO Club Magazine by completing a survey inside.
- Weight (with polyester bag): 2 ounces
- Parts: 7 (Head, Helmet, Torso, Legs, Cape, Lightsaber Blade, Lightsaber Hilt)
- Approximate Retail Value: $30 – $70 / £25 - £35 /AU $45.00 - $105.00
- The head included in this promo is slightly different than the head from other 2009 Darth Vaders. The difference is:
- 1) Shorter & thinner chin line
- 2) Eyebrows.
- See a price and investment guide on BrickPicker.com
- See a 360º view of the set on BrickFile.com
- Detailed information on this promo is available at: LSWClub
- Go to LEGO's promo page at: starwars.LEGO.com/10