|LEGO® → System → Castle|
7 - 12
6060 Knight's Challenge is a Castle set released in 1989. It depicts a jousting tournament and contains an audience stand, a weapons rack, a tapped keg, two horses and eight minifigures, including two mounted knights and a damsel. The featured knights belong to the Crusaders and the Black Knights. This set includes 160 pieces to construct a jousting event.
1988's Knight's Challenge set has an above-average parts-to-mini-figure ratio. The set, which depicts a festive jousting tournament and spectators in and around a colorful pavillion, has merely 160 pieces, yet features eight mini-figures, including two knights on horseback, two guards, and two seated spectators from the Crusaders and Black Knights factions. A lady in a tall hat occupies the seat of honor, and a lesser spectator lingers nearby. The scene also includes a rack full of weaponry and a tapped keg on a pedestal with three mugs and two goblets for toasting the victor.
- Together with 1584, this is the only set that contains both Crusaders and Black Knights
- The red corner wall panels were only available here and in 1584. Other rare piece pieces were the white octagonal panels, which appeared in just two further sets.
- Other sets with jousting tournaments
- 383 Knight's Tournament (1979, Europe-only), US-version: 6083 Knight's Tournament (1981)
- 6021 Jousting Knights (1984)
- 6095 Royal Joust (2000)
- 8779 The Grand Tournament (2004)
- 7009 The Final Joust (2007)
- 10223 Kingdoms Joust (2011)