|LEGO → System → Star Wars → Classic|
£29.99 (originally £39.99)
8 - 12
The set 6212 X-Wing Fighter was released in 2006 as part of the Classic Star Wars line. Included are Luke Skywalker, Wedge Antilles, Han Solo, Princess Leia, R2-D2, and Chewbacca minifigures. It is one of the only 2 sets to include Wedge Antilles. The X-Wing can be customized as Luke's Red 5 or Wedge's Red 2 X-Wing.
- The set includes stands for the striped tiles that can be used to customize the fighter to be either Wedge's Red 2 or Luke's Red 5.
- Oddly, this set depicts Wedge's X-wing as being Red 3 instead of Red 2 (due to the number of red tiles the builder is instructed to put on the wings of the fighter). The instruction manual also incorrectly calls Wedge's fighter Red 3 instead of Red 2. Red 3 is actually Biggs Darklighter in the Star Wars universe.
- Even though this set was created in 2006, it hasn't been discontinued and is still up for purchase at Toy's R Us. This makes it by far the longest-running LEGO Star Wars set with a record of five years. It has been discontinued in the UK, although it can still be found in very few Toy's R Us stores in the US.
- Princess Leia's hair does not match her torso piece; the hairpiece is from Episode IV (A New Hope), and the torso is from Episode V (The Empire Strikes Back).
- Some of the sets have the newer Han Solo face rather than the older one. You can tell by the pupils.
|This is a description taken from LEGO.com. Do not modify it. (visit this item's product page)|
Fly with the heroes of the Rebel Alliance!
Build one of the most famous ships of the Star Wars saga! In the hands of the Rebel Alliance’s brave pilots, the X-wing starfighter helped to destroy two massive Death Stars. With S-foil wings that open to attack position, folding landing gear, a cargo hold and lots of authentic details, this Star Wars set includes the first-ever LEGO minifigure of Rebel hero Wedge Antilles, as well as several hard-to-find characters.
- See a price and investment guide on BrickPicker.com
- See a 360º view of the set on BrickFile.com