|LEGO → System → Star Wars → Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back|
The set 6212 X-Wing Fighter was released in 2006 as part of the Classic Star Wars line. Included are Luke Skywalker, Wedge Antilles, Han Solo, Princess Leia, R2-D2, and Chewbacca minifigures. It is one of the only 2 sets to include Wedge Antilles. The X-Wing can be customized as Luke's Red 5 or Wedge's Red 2 X-Wing.
- The set includes stands for the striped tiles that can be used to customize the fighter to be either Wedge's Red 2 or Luke's Red 5.
- Oddly, this set depicts Wedge's X-wing as being Red 3 instead of Red 2 (due to the number of red tiles the builder is instructed to put on the wings of the fighter). The instruction manual also incorrectly calls Wedge's fighter Red 3 instead of Red 2. Red 3 is actually Biggs Darklighter in the Star Wars universe.
- Even though this set was created in 2006, it hasn't been discontinued and is still up for purchase at Toy's R Us. This makes it by far the longest-running LEGO Star Wars set with a record of five years. It has been discontinued in the UK, although it can still be found in very few Toy's R Us stores in the US.
- Princess Leia's hair does not match her torso piece; the hairpiece is from Episode IV (A New Hope), and the torso is from Episode V (The Empire Strikes Back).
- Some of the sets have the newer versions of Han Solo and Luke's faces rather than the older ones. You can tell by the pupils.
LEGO.com Description Edit
Minifigures included Edit
- See a price and investment guide on BrickPicker.com
- See a 360º view of the set on BrickFile.com