|LEGO® → System → Town → Race|
6381 Motor Speedway is a Race set that was released in 1987. It contains the start/finish line of a Formula 1 circuit with accompanying support facilities, a camera stand, two race cars and five minifigures, including two pilots and a mechanic.
Above the finish line runs an arc with start lights. The pit stop contains a car jack, an oil drum, a tool rack with a hammer and a wrench, a fire extinguisher and spare wheels. On the opposite side of the race track is a race control tower with a camera stand next to it. The camera uses a film reel and is mounted on a 2x2 turntable.
Both race cars share the same design and differ only in colour. They are labelled with the numbers "2" and "3".
- This set is the first LEGO Town Formula 1 race track and was superseded just one year later with 6395 Victory Lap Raceway.
- The baseplate with the race track print first appeared here. It was later reused in another Formula 1 related set, 6395 Victory Lap Raceway (1988) and made its last appearance in 4555 Freight Loading Station (1995), which interestingly had nothing to do with racing.
- Unlike other race track sets, the design of the cars from this set was not reused by other models.
Other LEGO System sets including race tracks
- 6395 Victory Lap Raceway (1988, Town), Formula 1
- 6551 Chequered Flag 500 (1992, Race), Cross Country
- 6539 Victory Cup Racers (1993, Race), Go-Carts
- 6337 Fast Track Finish (1996, Town), Formula 1