|LEGO® → System → Space → Classic|
|Sonar Transmitting Cruiser|
6783 Sonar Transmitting Cruiser was released in 1986. It contains a spaceship, a rover, a robot and two astronauts.
The spaceship consists of several detachable sections that could be recombined in a different order of appearance: The cockpit section, two lab modules in the middle, and a small drive section at the aft. One of the labs had a 9V battery box with Light & Sound bricks at the top. The roof of the second lab could be opened. The rover could be docked at the aft section.
- New Futuron theme was released one year later with the new uniforms and helmets. Like some Classic Space sets from 1986 and most from 1987, the vehicle sports the new Futuron colour scheme with a white base colour, black trim and transparent blue windows.
- The only other set that contained the 4x4 wedge with the Clasic Space logo was 1499 Twin Starfire.
- This set first appeared in LEGO catalogs in 1986, one year before the introduction of Futuron. It was released in March or September 1986 (different catalogs from 1986 have different dates for release of this set).
- Together with 6750 Sonic Robot and 6780 XT Starship, this was the first Space set that included a 9V battery box and Light & Sound bricks.
- Scan of medium LEGO catalog from 1986, where set 6783 first appeared
- Scan of large LEGO catalog from 1986, where set 6783 first appeared
|view · talk · editClassic Space sets of 1988|
|6783 Sonar Transmitting Cruiser | 6809 XT-5 And Droid|
|[ full list ]|