|LEGO → System → Space → Classic|
The spaceship consists of two separable segments. The front section with two cockpits, and the aft section that contains a detachable lab module which is held in place by two clamps. Just as in 6929 Starfleet Voyager, the cockpits have transparent blue windshields at their bottom. The lab module can be opened by folding the roof to the side and is equipped with a dish antenna that can be collapsed to lie flat on the roof.
One of the ground vehicles is a typical rover that carries a metal detector. The other is equipped with a hose.
- This was the first LEGO spacecraft with twin cockpits. It was also the largest Space set at that time.
- The only other spaceship set that contained a baseplate with landing pad print was 928 Galaxy Explorer (and its US variant). But the particular baseplate that was included here was only available in this set and 9355 DACTA Space Theme Set.
- The Galaxy Commander resembles the 7644 MX-81 Hypersonic Operations Aircraft from the Mars Mission theme.
- Part 6099p03 appears in two sets.
- This was one of three sets in which Part 3066 was trans blue.
- This is one of two sets in which Part 3943 is blue.
- This is the only set in which Part 3035 is trans blue.
- This is one of two sets in which Part 4228 is trans blue and the only set in which it is white.
- This is one of two sets in which Part 3928p90 is blue.
|view · talk · editClassic Space sets of 1983</span>|
|1593 Lever Bros Space Set | 1977 Space Value Pack | 6701 Space Mini-Figures | 6711 LEGO Minifigures | 6803 Space Patrol | 6823 Surface Transport | 6844 Seismologic Vehicle | 6930 Space Supply Station | 6980 Galaxy Commander | KC13 Classic Space Yellow Figure Key Chain|
|[ full list ]|