|LEGO® → System → Ninjago|
|Temple of Airjitzu|
Description from LEGO.com
In "The Temple on Haunted Hill", the Temple of Airjitzu was said to be the monastery of Sensei Yang, the creator of Airjitzu. After his death, he and his students still lived on as ghosts, and the temple became a haunted house. The temple has a rule that whoever makes it in must escape before sunrise, or they will become a ghost, as this happened to Cole when the Ninja went there in order to learn Airjitzu. Tourists do visit outside the temple, though no one dares to go inside. The Temple of Airjitzu returned in Season 6, in the form of being incorporated into Djinjago by the Sky Pirates after being lifted into the air by the Djinn Blade.
In "Day of the Departed," the Temple is revealed to still be floating despite the events of season 6 being negated, and Cole traveled there in order to confront Yang for turning him into a ghost. However, this played right into Yang's hands, as he had intended to take advantage of the magical Yin-Yang Eclipse to effect his return to mortal form. After Cole's rash actions allowed Yang to revive several defeated enemies of the Ninja to attack them, Yang revealed that he had cursed himself, his students, and his temple after attempting to use the Yin Blade to achieve immortality. He then attempted to regain human form by opening the Rift of Return, but was defeated by Cole, which freed his students from his curse and allowed them to return to normal. After a change of heart, Yang gave up his own chance to pass through the rift so that Cole could do so, and remained as "Master of the House" to the now restored temple, which the Ninja then moved into as their new base.
- This marks the first appearance of Misako, Jesper, Claire and the Postman being in minifigure form.
- This is the first set to include all six Ninja; Kai, Jay, Lloyd, Zane, Cole, and Nya.
- This the second set to include all four original Ninja, the first being 9449 Ultra Sonic Raider.
- The set includes new and exclusive variations of Sensei Wu and Dareth.
- This is the fifth Ninjago set with no villains, excluding promotional/spinner sets; the other four sets being 2254 Mountain Shrine, 2516 Ninja Training Outpost, 2519 Skeleton Bowling, and 9440 Venomari Shrine (excluding its vipers).
- The glider has the exactly same design with the ninja gliders of the Ninja subtheme,a subtheme of Castle in 1998.
- First time a light element is used in a LEGO Ninjago set.