|LEGO® → System → Star Wars → Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back|
The Snowspeeder is mainly built up of light stone grey and orange pieces with a 6x16 tan baseplate. On the left and right of the ship are tilted wings, which can be moved up and down, with orange radiators and grey tiles on top of it, as well as the two main guns. Behind the main guns are dark stone grey fins, and two grey and orange sloped pieces, connecting the wings to the back of the ship. On the back of the ship is a black engine, and also the grapple gun used to bring down AT-ATs on Hoth. At the front of the ship is a sloped piece with a decal representing an orange design a gray vent above it. The cockpit is just above, a transparent piece that can be moved up and down, for the pilot to control the ship. Behind the pilot's seat is the gunner and co-pilot's seat, with a transparent windshield in front of him that can be moved up and down and a computer brick with a picture of an AT-AT in crosshairs.Between those is a box for storage of Luke's lightsaber hilt.
The Turret is built up of a radar dish piece with a grey circle piece and a white stick, representing the gun, and can be moved up and down. The Turret appears to be built on a light stone grey rock. A small, flat white baseplate is underneath this, the snow on Hoth.
The Snowspeeder was used by the Rebel Alliance on the icy planet of Hoth. When the Empire discovered them and attacked, many Snowspeeders were deployed. They were fast, difficult to hit and even brought down a few of the Empire's nearly indestructable AT-ATs by tripping them with their cables. Snowspeeders were also used to locate Han Solo and Luke Skywalker when they were reported missing. This they did successfully.
- The set was included in the set 78744 Star Wars Value Pack.
- This is the first model of the Rebel Snowspeeder that LEGO created; a larger Ultimate Collector's Series model 10129 Rebel Snowspeeder was released in 2003, and an updated model 4500 Rebel Snowspeeder was released in 2004, which was similar in size to this one and contained the same characters and a turret. In 2007, another version was released in the set 7666 Hoth Rebel Base, and again in 2010, yet another version, very similar to the 2007 version, is released in the set 8089 Hoth Wampa Cave. Most recently, an updated model 75049 Snowspeeder was released in August 2014.
- This set is mostly grey, while the actual Snowspeeder is white.
- Check availability at ThePlasticBrick.com
- See a price and investment guide on BrickPicker.com
|Star Wars sets of 1999|
|Regular sets:|| 7101 Lightsaber Duel | 7110 Landspeeder | 7111 Droid Fighter | 7121 Naboo Swamp | 7128 Speeder Bikes | 7130 Snowspeeder | 7131 Anakin's Podracer | 7140 X-Wing Fighter | 7141 Naboo Fighter | 7150 TIE Fighter & Y-Wing | 7151 Sith Infiltrator | 7161 Gungan Sub | 7171 Mos Espa Podrace
|Other products:||1886 Star Wars Bucket (Unreleased) | 9748 Droid Developer Kit|
|[ full list ]|