|LEGO → System → Space → Life on Mars|
The Excavation Searcher comes in 3 parts: A base, and two robotic parts. One of the robotic parts is a "head" of a vehicle, with a cockpit and weapons. There are instructions in the back on how to take it off and attach it so that it forms a big robot. It has a laser shooter and a claw.
The second part is a walker. It has a tail which carries boulders, and is large enough to carry multiple Martians. It is supported by four legs and attaches to the front piece with a double peg system. A small flying vehicle attached to this section. It is piloted by one Martian, and has hoverparts.
The base holds boulders and breaks them down. It cannot attach to the main vehicle. It has a piece at the end whose supposed function is to break down boulders. At the front is an open gateway which boulders roll down.
In Life on Mars, humans and aliens coexist peacefully. There were vehicles for each, which were more or less lightly armed compared to other space themes.
- The port in this set can be connected to the empty tube path in the Martian base set 7317 Aero Tube Hangar.
- Part 3052 appears in 3 sets
- This is the only set in which is Part 4285b orange
- This is the only set in which Part 32190 and it's counterpart, Part 32191 are tan
- This is the only set in which Part 30536 is tan
- This set is similar to 7649 MT-201 Ultra-Drill Walker
- The Searcher appears in the video game LEGO Racers 2 on Mars, piloted by Rigel instead of Vega.