|LEGO® → System → City → Police|
7498 Police Station is a City set released in 2011. It contains 783 pieces, which build a jail, garage, interior, police cars, 6 minifigures and a dog. It is the largest City Police set released in 2011.
The police station is set to contain two garage doors, prison cells and a three story administrative building. A new dog with printings and a white bicycle come with the set instead of a Police motorcycle — like the one included in 7744 Police Headquarters — along with a prison inmate and two small cars. Also included are two policemen, a policewoman, a detective, two criminals, a police dog and two crowbars.
- This is one of the two only City sets to include a female Police officer. The other one is 3648 Police Chase which is a special edition set.
- This is the third police station released in the last 6 years.
- The bike seems to create a small humour as the back of the box shows the Crook stealing it.
- A helipad is included, although a helicopter is not included.
- The set features in the comic strip The Big Crime Wave!
- The police car (left), has a license plate starting with TS, which stands for Tim Scott, one of the designers that designed this set.
- This set was featured on National Geographic Channel, or NatGeo's Ultimate Factories: LEGO, where it showed how this set was made (Designing, Inspiration, Molding, Building).