|LEGO → System → Super Heroes → DC Comics|
76023 The Tumbler is a DC Comics Super Heroes set that was released in August 2014. It is an ultimate collector's series set based on the blockbuster superhero movie, The Dark Knight. It includes Batman and The Joker.
The set features predominantly the Tumbler from Christopher Nolan's "Batman Begins" and "The Dark Knight", and includes an "overly detailed" interior depicting two seats, a steering mechanism, computer monitors, rear view camera, two keyboards, and other levers. The Tumbler has six large black tires, and has some sort of a suspension system made up of TECHNIC pieces. The roof can be taken off to reveal the interior of the Tumbler. Around the vehicle, there are hinge bricks that allow several parts to move, like in the films. The back depicts a giant motor in between the four back tires. The entire vehicle is black, with inclusions of gold and grey.
In addition to the Tumbler, the set comes with a fact sheet that explains the details of the Tumbler. The fact sheet is built onto a stand, where the two Minifigures can be placed on.
- This is the second set produced to be based of off the 2008 film "The Dark Knight". The other set was 7888 The Tumbler: Joker's Ice Cream Surprise.
- This is also the third set to based off of a film in Christopher Nolan's "Dark Knight Trilogy".
- The tires were created exclusively for this set.
- This set includes the "Batman Begins" suit, making it so every set based off the Dark Knight Trilogy has a suit from a different movie. The first being released in 2008 the second, 2013 and this variation which is to be released in 2014
- This is the only non-exclusive bat-suit based off Christopher Nolan's trilogy that is black, not dark grey. The "Dark Knight Rises" suit was released as a black variation but only as an exclusive San-Diego Comic-Con minifigure.
- 7888 The Tumbler: Joker's Ice Cream Surprise
- 76001 The Bat vs. Bane: Tumbler Chase
- 30300 The Batman Tumbler