|LEGO → System → Batman|
|The Batwing: The Joker's Aerial Assault|
The Batwing vehicle is built very thinly using primarily LEGO plates instead of bricks. It has an opening cockpit that holds one minifigure and Batman's accessories. The Batwing also features opening wings and wind flaps on the wings. Also, when the wings are folded up, slide-out rockets can be seen and slid-out using small knobs on the sides of the wings. Another feature is that when the back of the vehicle is pushed down, a spring-fire missle fires. The Batwing can land on its unique stand, which is included in the set.
The Joker's Helicopter
The Joker's helicopter features a large rotor above the main body and a small rotor at the end of the tail boom. It also stores Joker Bombs in the main body, which are able to be dropped by pulling a lever near the bottom of the helicopter. Another feature of the helicopter are hidden guns that are able to fold out from sides of the main body. It's opening cockpit is able to hold up to two minifigures and store weapons as well. On the side of the cockpit is a spotlight that, when hit by the Batwing's missle, will drop the rope ladder attached to it.
This set was made to represent a scene from the 1989 Batman film, in which The Joker tried to spread laughing gas throughout Gotham City while using his helicopter as a getaway vehicle. He is later stopped by Batman, who piloted the Batwing. At the end of the film, The Joker died when he fell from the helicopter's rope ladder.
- The minifigures in this set and set 7888 The Tumbler: Joker's Ice Cream Surprise are identical except for Batman's variation.
- Although this set is based off of a scene from the 1989 Batman movie, Batman is seen in his comic suit, not his film suit.
- This set was included along with a Joker key chain in the combo pack KC7782 The Batwing with Joker Key Chain.
- 7888 The Tumbler: Joker's Ice Cream Surprise
- KC7782 The Batwing with Joker Key Chain
- 6863 Batwing Battle Over Gotham City