|LEGO® → TECHNIC → Power Functions|
It has six functions:
- Drive forward/backward
- Turn left/right
- Rotate superstructure
- Articulated boom
- Articulated dipper
- Articulated bucket.
It can be rebuilt into a tracked loader/bulldozer, which is also remote controlled.
During its release, the set was reported to lack a strong enough digging arm to lift the boom of the excavator. This was due to the piece experiencing strain. LEGO has since offered a full refund or Shop@Home credit. They have also offered to send a more efficient replacement part. People who bought the set have been offered £10.00 store credit.
There has since been released a service pack that has been shipped to owners of the Motorized Excavator. The pack includes 4 new Linear Actuators, 2 Blue Axle-Pins, 1 3M axle with stop, and 1 Axle and Pin Connector Perpendicular 3L with Center Pin Hole. There are also updated steps 33 and 36, where the parts (not including the LAs) are incorporated.
- This set includes the most mechanical actuators in a set to date, namely four.
- This set has the most Power Functions in a set to date, with nine in total.
- This is the second TECHNIC set to be fully remote controlled with Power Functions; the first is 8275 Motorized Bulldozer.
- One of the final prototypes for testing colours was in orange instead of yellow, however yellow was picked for the production set.[source?]
- This set was discontinued to make way for 42006 Crawler Excavators.
|This is a description taken from LEGO.com. Do not modify it. ( )|
Build it and dig in!
No dirty job is too big for this heavy-duty Motorized Excavator! Just flip a switch on the LEGO® Power Functions dual infrared remote control to drive the excavator to job sites, spin the cabin 360 degrees, to maneuver the articulated arm and to dig with the shovel. Download instructions for rebuilding into a Tracked Loader.
- LEGO Shop
- See a price and investment guide on BrickPicker.com
- Building instructions on LEGO.com
- LEGO's response to problem