|LEGO® → System → Atlantis|
7 - 14
The Seabed Scavenger is a three-wheeled submarine used to move around the seafloor. From the hubs of the front wheels extend two articulated robot arms, one equipped with a giant disk saw, the other with a large robotic claw. In the middle of the vehicle is a one-man cockpit with a transparent neon-green canopy. Behind the canopy are two searchlights, a small antenna tower with navigation lights, and two Flick-Fire Missiles.
The cockpit contains just a single control stick and is technically not watertight, since there are large gaps underneath the cockpit that would allow water to enter.
The Scavenger was first built by Dr. Jeff Fisher; it was later rebuilt by Captain Ace Speedman, using bricks found in the docking bay of the Neptune, though the included Minifigure is Lance Spears.
Both the saw and the claw are versatile tools, with the saw being able to cut with the same ease through seaweed and rocks, while the claw can handle delicate tasks like grabbing small items, as well as more blunt jobs such as crushing heavy objects.
- Saw Blades
- Flick-Fire Missiles
- The vehicle's wheels are the same as seen on many Power Miners vehicles, such as 8959 Claw Digger or 8960 Thunder Driller.
- The green Manta Ray key was also included in 8075 Neptune Carrier and 8076 Deep Sea Striker.
- Lance Spears is shown with a black harpoon launcher on the box, though there is no such harpoon launcher included in the set.
- The first vehicle Dr. Jeff Fisher made tore up the docking bay of the Neptune.
- The claw cannot open or shut like the claw in the Power Miners set 8957 Mine Mech.