|LEGO → TECHNIC → BIONICLE → Toa Mata|
- "Fighting the Universe? No, we’re not. We’re fighting a mad being who controls the power of a universe."
8534 Tahu is a BIONICLE set released in 2001. It contains 33 pieces. It was one of the first BIONICLE sets. Tahu is the leader of the Toa Mata, and one of the main characters of the BIONICLE storyline.
Tahu has red feet, and orange, mechanical legs, attached into his torso by black ball socket parts. His torso is red, and has a small piece of black armour attached into it. Tahu's head, attached into the torso by a black beam part, is grey. He wears a red mask. His arms are attached into his torso by black ball socket parts. One has a flaming sword attached directly into it, and one has a red hand/shield on the end. Turning the gear on his back will cause his arms to rotate.
Tahu was released in 2001. As a Toa Mata, Tahu carried a fire sword, and when you turned a gear in his back, his arm with the sword would move up and down. He wore a red Kanohi Hau, the Great Mask of Shielding. In the 2003 storyline, Tahu was released in his new form as a Toa Nuva in the set 8572 Tahu Nuva. An entirely new set based on the original Tahu figure was released in 2010 as part of the BIONICLE Stars subtheme, 7116 Tahu.
- Two versions of this set were released- one with a mini CD, and one without.
- 1391 Jala has the same mask, but in yellow.
- Tahu wears the Kanohi Hau, Mask of Shielding.
- In the first story arc, he collected five masks, and combined them to make one gold one. However, as a Toa Nuva, his mask was red, not gold.
- In this incarnation, he is the leader of the Toa Mata team.
|This is a description taken from LEGO.com. Do not modify it. (See an archive of the product's page)|
Fierce as fire
Tahu, the Toa of fire, is respected for his power and feared for his quick temper. He can surf on molten lava and cut through solid rock with his sword of flames! Use the wheel on his back to raise and lower his sword.