|LEGO → TECHNIC → BIONICLE → Titans|
- “Maybe they will not see me win today. But the Matoran will go on, and someday they will triumph!”
- ―Takanuva to Makuta
8596 Takanuva is a BIONICLE Titans set released in 2003, containing the character Takanuva, the Toa of Light, and his Ussanui, a vehicle that helped him travel to Mangaia, the lair of Makuta. It has 197 pieces.
Storywise, this was the first set to contain the famed Toa of Light, Toa Takanuva. This set is one of the three sets to ever feature Takanuva.
The Kraata holders are both set-wise and storywise correctly six, each for every Rahkshi. It also features some Bohrok-Kal shields. In the storyline, the Ussanui is made of the defeated Rahkshi and Bohrok-Kal.
This set was based of the character Takua or Toa Takanuva from the 2003 movie, BIONICLE: Mask of Light. In the movie, the Matoran Takua and Jaller are tasked with finding the Toa of Light using the Mask of Light. After donning the mask himself, Takua transforms into the Toa of Light at the end of the movie, and sets out on his Ussanui to find and defeat Makuta, therefore completing the Turaga's prophecy.
Takanuva was the Toa of Light. He could fire beams of light, banish darkness, create blinding flares and create holographic projections. He was briefly the Toa of Twilight after being attacked by a shadow leech and having his powers greatly weakened due the exposure. He was later cured of this by the healing sonic blast of a Klakk, however.
- Takanuva is a pun on Toa Nuva and Takua, his former name and a type of Toa respectively.
- He is sometimes called Takua Nuva or Taka Nuva, due to the fact that he at first thought he was a Toa Nuva.
- This set also included a Trans-Glitter version of the Kanohi Avohkii, the Mask of Light.
- This is the second Bionicle set to contain a vehicle, the first being 8556 Boxor.