|LEGO® → System → The Lord of the Rings → The Fellowship of the Ring|
9472 Attack on Weathertop is a set in the theme The Lord of the Rings released in May 2012. The minifigures included are Aragorn, Frodo Baggins, Merry and two Ringwraiths. The main body of the set is Weathertop, it seems to have a hollow with a fire. On top there are ruins.
It represents the scene in The Fellowship of the Ring where on their way to Rivendell, Aragorn, and the four hobbits camp in the ancient Arnorian ruined watchtower. While Aragorn scouts around, the Hobbit's campfire alerts the Ringwraiths of their position before Frodo can stamp it out. The Hobbits then flee up the stairs to the watchtower, and the five Ringwraiths close in. Frodo puts on the Ring, and is stabbed by the The Witch-King of Angmar, the leader of the Ringwraiths. Aragorn runs to their aid, and battles the Ringwraiths with a torch.
- The set comes with four Microfigures representing statues.
- Even though the set comes with Sting (a sword formerly belonging to Bilbo Baggins, that glows when there are orcs nearby), that was given to him after Weathertop when the Fellowship went to Rivendell, Frodo was seen with the Barrow blade in the movie and video game during the Weathertop scene.
- The Evenstar (the jewel given to Aragorn by Arwen Evenstar) is printed on Aragorn's torso. However, he also received this in Rivendell, which was after Weathertop.
- Weathertop also appears in LEGO The Hobbit: The Video Game
- LEGO Shop
- See a price and investment guide on BrickPicker.com
- See a 360º view of the set on BrickFile.com