|LEGO → System → The Lord of the Rings → The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring|
|The Mines of Moria|
9473 The Mines of Moria is a set in the theme The Lord of the Rings released in May 2012. It includes the door to the tomb which opens and closes, the well, which can knock a skeleton into it, Balin's tomb, with a skeleton inside, a wall, with a collapsing pillar; weapons litter the floor.
|This is a description taken from LEGO.com. Do not modify it. (visit this item's product page)|
Battle the Cave Troll in The Mines of Moria!
On their epic journey across the lands of Middle-earth, the heroic Fellowship of the Ring travels through the abandoned Mines of Moria. Pursued by the evil Moria orcs and a giant Cave Troll, Pippin, Boromir, Gimli and Legolas make a stand in Balin's Tomb. Can the heroes hold back the evil horde and make it out of the mine unhurt? Includes 6 minifigures: Pippin, Boromir, Gimli, Legolas and 2 Moria orcs. Set features giant cave troll and 2 skeletons.
- The Heroica weapons are included.
- The well is included with a function to "knock the skeleton" into the well.
- The writing on Balin's tomb are the exact same runes as in the Fellowship of the Ring book.
- The runes over the door read "Djordje was here", one of the LEGO designers for the Lord of the Rings theme.
- This is the biggest set in The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring and one of the largest sets in the entire theme.
- All members of the Fellowship were present at this point in the film.
- Although the skeleton inside is meant to represent Balin it is the size of a standard minifigure.
- Peregrin Took is exclusive to this set.