|LEGO® → System → Star Wars → Episode IV: A New Hope|
- The set features the eighth incarnation of the original TIE Fighter and the fifth to be minifigure-scaled. This version is the first to adapt to the same stone grey patterning of recent TIE fighters, such as 8017 Darth Vader's TIE Fighter.
- This is the first and only set to include R5-J2, so far.
- The Death Star Trooper's helmet is redesigned and is more accurate to the movies.
- The Imperial Officer has black hand pieces to look like gloves.
- The TIE fighter appears on the front page of the official Autumn 2011 LEGO catalogue in the background.
- The Death Star Trooper has a two-sided printed face; one side features him with a grimace and a chin-strap, while the other side has the same with goggles as well
- LEGO Shop
- See a price and investment guide on BrickPicker.com
- See a 360º view of the set on BrickFile.com