|LEGO → System → Star Wars → Episode III: Revenge of the Sith|
|Anakin's Jedi Interceptor|
January 1, 2012
The set includes a dark green Jedi Eta 2 Actis-Class Interceptor, a brick-built Mustafar mining droid, and a mining platform. The Interceptor is the main part of the set. It features an opening cockpit with room for one minifigure, a slot for an Astromech Droid (in this case, R2-D2), flick-fire missiles under the starboard wing, laser cannons, and opening s-foil wings. Five minifigures are included: Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, R2-D2, Nute Gunray, and a Security Battle Droid.
After Anakin Skywalker lost his yellow Jedi Interceptor aboard General Grievous' flagship, the Invisible Hand during the Battle of Coruscant, he stole a dark green Interceptor from the Jedi Temple and traveled to Mustafar to execute the Separatist leaders, thus ending the Clone Wars. Anakin then dueled his former master, Obi-Wan Kenobi, above Mustafar's lava rivers.
- Both Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi have dual-sided heads in this set.
- This is the first Eta 2 style Jedi Interceptor that has a slot for an Astromech Droid instead of merely fitting its head piece to the ship.
- This is also the first Eta 2 Interceptor to have flick-fire missiles.
- The Nute Gunray minifigure has been redesigned for this set to match his appearance in the live-action movies. This figure has a sloped brick in lieu of legs, to represent a Neimoidian cloak.
- In the US and Australia, this was orginally a Target exclusive, but it is now carried by all major retailers, though still rare in Australia and New Zealand.
- Despite it being a set based on Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith, the official LEGO website had this set categorized under "Clone Wars", rather than "Episodes I - VI". This has been fixed as of now.
- Darth Vader's green Eta-2 Actis-class light interceptor on Wookieepedia, the Star Wars Wiki
- NEWS 2012 - Imperium der Steine on Flickr
- LEGO Shop
- See a price and investment guide on BrickPicker.com
- See a 360º view of the set on BrickFile.com