Agents is a theme introduced in the Summer of 2008 and continued into 2009 as Agents 2.0, and is now discontinued. It involved an elite team of secret agents using high-powered technology to thwart the plans of an international crime syndicate led by Dr. Inferno.
Sets in the line typically contained elements from both factions in action against each other - members of the Agents, a top secret commando team tasked with investigating and preventing international crime; and the evil Dr. Inferno and his ranks of equally-maniacal associates. Each side had access to top-of-the-line technology, ranging from the minijets and mobile command units of the Agents to the ingenious weapons of destruction and mayhem devised by Dr. Inferno.
The Agents line is heavily inspired by the movies of James Bond and is an over-the-top parody of action-packed spy thrillers in general.
- Each set featured a short comic strip on the box showing the background to that set's action.
- 8634 Mission 5: Turbocar Chase included a credit card-sized "identity card." Other numbered sets in the line included a star on their sticker sheets that could be applied to spaces on the card, to show the "agent's" ranking.
- In the first Shop@Home catalogue featuring Agents, Agent Fuse and Agent Charge are erroneously shown with Trace's torso, apparently giving them female features.
- The Agents theme takes place mainly in exotic outdoor locations, while Agents 2.0 takes place in a city-like location.
- The theme was a replacement of the theme Alpha Team.
- Oddly, a minifigure dressed in a white Agents suit appeared in a LEGO Universe trailer.
- An ad for this theme was shown on the online game Poptropica.
- A similar theme called Ultra Agents was released in 2014.
|8630||Mission 3: Gold Hunt||352||Agent FuseInferno HenchmanGold Tooth||$29.99 / €29.99||June 2008|
|8631||Mission 1: Jetpack Pursuit||88||Agent Chase Saw Fist||$9.99||June 2008|
|8632||Mission 2: Swamp Raid||231||Agent Charge Break Jaw||$19.99||June 2008|
|8633||Mission 4: Speedboat Rescue||340||Agent Trace Agent Chase Break Jaw||$39.99 / €39.99||June 2008|
|8634||Mission 5: Turbocar Chase||498||Agent Chase Spy Clops Inferno Henchman||$49.99 / €49.99||June 2008|
|8635||Mission 6: Mobile Command Center||1154||Agent Chase Agent Fuse Agent Charge Agent Trace Dr. Inferno Spy Clops Gold Tooth||$89.99 / €89.99||June 2008|
|8636||Mission 7: Deep Sea Quest||520||Agent Charge Agent Chase Break Jaw Slime Face Octopus (Animal)||$49.99||November 2008|
|8637||Mission 8: Volcano Base||718||Agent Chase Agent Fuse Agent Trace Dr. Inferno Fire Arm Claw-Dette||$69.99||November 2008|
Wave 3 (Agents 2.0)
|8967||Gold Tooth's Getaway||68||Gold Tooth Agent Swipe||$9.99 / €9.99||June 2009|
|8968||River Heist||203||Agent Fuse Dollar Bill Dyna-Mite||$19.99||June 2009|
|8969||4-Wheeling Pursuit||320||Agent Chase Dr. D. Zaster||$29.99 / €29.99||June 2009|
|8970||Robo Attack||411||Dr. Inferno Agent Trace Agent Chase Tourist (3)||$49.99||June 2009|
|8971||Aerial Defense Unit||733||Agent Chase Agent Charge Agent Swift Magma Commander Magma Drone (x3)||$69.99||June 2009|
This online game, released by LEGO in Summer 2008, you are an agent playing Missions 1 through 5. No storyline or plot is revealed in this game. You are an agent all throughout this game.
This online game is a combination of LEGO City, Racers, and Agents 2.0. It features Dr. Inferno in his robo attack suit terrorizing LEGO City. This does reveal some storyline of how the agents defeated Dr. Inferno's robo attack. You can be part of the agents or part of Dr. Inferno's organization.