- “To build, or not to build…that’s not a hard question at all!”
- ―The Thespian
- The Thespian is the only Series 8 minifigure with a double sided head.
- His bio mentions the Studios theme.
- LEGO.com accidentally titled this minifigure "Actor", while his bio text called him by his official name, "The Thespian."
- The same designer designed The Thespian's hairpiece more than 20 years before he designed The ruffle piece.
- The ruffle was designed for him, but has since been used on the Sad Clown and William Shakespeare.
- The Thespian uses his quote "To build or not to build" when Shakespeare stated "To be or not to be". The Thespian also resembles Shakespeare.
- The Thespian carries a minifigure skull in reference to the above quote.
- William Shakespeare's appearance from The LEGO Movie is similar to this minifigure, but in red and has different hairpiece.