Brickipedia, located at lego.wikia.com, is Wikia's largest LEGO wiki, and was founded on January 29, 2006. Brickipedia's goal is to provide a free online encyclopedia on everything LEGO, created and maintained by a community of users just like you. More than seven years after it was established, Brickipedia has reached a size of 27,247 articles, and has 372 active users right now.
The first days of the LEGO wiki
When this wiki was first created, Brickipedia was obviously small. The only user active was the first administrator, Darth smith. However, this user left this wiki and other wikis alike, and has been inactive since October of 2007.
After that, roaming editors would make some edits (50 edits were considered a lot, considering the amount of articles then). The number of active users started to grow, reaching 44 at the end of 2008, and 146 at the end of 2009.
Today, Brickipedia is a popular, well known website with users who strive to edit to show off their knowledge for LEGO. We even have articles based on sets from the next year coming!
We also have votes and forums on voting for different things, such as Brickipedian of the Month, Featured Article of the Month (which now has a new Review Board), and even Userbox proposals, so that you can spice up your userpage to look even better than before! You can also ask for items or pages to be deleted.
If you have any knowledge of LEGO, or even just want to help out on a wiki, come join us! We want to know how much you love LEGO ourselves.
- Brickipedia has 27,247 articles and a total of 306,500 pages.
- Brickipedia has 91,220 files.
- On Brickipedia, a total of 1,617,849 edits have been made, by editors, of which we have 372 currently active.
- On September 21, 2010, Brickipedia's 10,000th article was created.
- In July 2011, Brickipedia's 15,000th article was created.
- On August 25 2011, Brickipedia's 16,000th article was created.
- In November 2011, Brickipedia's 17,000th article was created.
- In December 2011, Brickipedia's 18,000th article was created.
- On February 19, 2012, Brickipedia's 19,000th article was created.
- On April 22, 2012, Brickipedia's 20,000th article was created.
- On June 19, 2012, Brickipedia's 21,000th article was created.