Sigh. I made a forum that was not about this topic and it turned into it. I then made a section on it and it went dead. So can we please just sort this out....
While I recognize the use of unofficial numbers, I am uneasy with the concept of using them.
~ CJC 19:12, September 25, 2012 (UTC)
- As long as Bricklink/Brickset/Lugnet/whatever uses them and we have a conjecture template, I don't see the problem. --Berrybrick (Talk) 19:13, September 25, 2012 (UTC)
- We have my amazing new template - Title. ~ CJC 19:15, September 25, 2012 (UTC)
- Yep, I'm all for the implementation of that. - 19:16, September 25, 2012 (UTC)
- I thought it was implemented. Shows how much I pay attention. :P --Berrybrick (Talk) 19:17, September 25, 2012 (UTC)
- Its not implemented in the sense that no one has gone to every page it is needed and added it. ~ CJC 19:28, September 25, 2012 (UTC)
- Remove. If they're not official, they shouldn't be in the title. Keep the official name, and stick a bracketed bit at the end if needed, eg Harry Potter (2012 keychain) or something. Either that, or put the fake item numbers in brackets, and don't add them to the infobox. Bricklink/Lugnet I think have different numbers to Brickset sometimes too, and in place of going with one or the other, why not have our own way of doing things instead of blindly copying other sites? NightblazeSaber 23:11, September 25, 2012 (UTC)
- Because we don't like thinking here, blindly copying is what we are best at :P 126.96.36.199 07:38, September 26, 2012 (UTC)
- This^. But per NBS. -NBP 13:47, September 26, 2012 (UTC)