|Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers)|
US Air Force Special Operations Colonel Carol Danvers was the youngest security captain in NASA's history when she befriended Dr. Walter Lawson, really the undercover Kree warrior Mar-Vell (known to Earth as Captain Marvel) and became entangled in the schemes of the Kree Empire. During a fight between Captain Marvel and his enemy Yon-Rogg, Carol was exposed to a form of radiation generated by the Kree Psyche-Magnitron, a device that could turn imagination into reality. When the device exploded, Carol's wish to be powerful enough to protect herself and an injured Mar-Vell came true as it altered her genetic structure and effectively made her a half-Kree superhuman. She gained the powers of flight, super-durability and super-strength along with energy projection and heat absorbtion. Originally super-heroing under the name Ms. Marvel (a nod to her friend Mar-Vell), Carol took over the mantle Captain Marvel after Mar-Vell's death at Captain America's urging. She has also become a mentor to young heroine Kamala Khan, who took on Carol's old mantle of Ms. Marvel.
- Carol is closely linked with the modern Guardians of the Galaxy, frequently working with them and even serving as a member of the group for a brief period of time.
- Carol and Kamala are not the only people to hold the mantle of Ms. Marvel. Monica Rambeau, a Navy Lieutenant who gained cosmic powers in a freak accident. She also served as a member of the Avengers, later taking on the superhero identity of Photon.
Marvel Cinematic Universe
Captain Marvel will receive her own feature film in 2019, set in the 1990's with Carol fighting the Skrulls alongside Nick Fury.
- 76049 Avenjet Space Mission
- LEGO Marvel's Avengers (Captain Marvel DLC only)
- LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2
Gallery of Video Game Variants