Titanic is a MOC created by SKP4472. Designing of the MOC started in August 2011.
With less than a year left till the 100th Anniversary of the sinking of RMS Titanic I have decided to create a LEGO minifigure-scale model of the liner. The entire creation of the ship may take several years but I'm determined to make this work.
The following steps will be made:
- Design the liner bit by bit building one section at a time using LDD
- Put the entire ship together on LDD.
- Buy all the pieces.
- Buy just over 2,200 minifigures (yes, I know it's allot).
- Build the ship bit by bit.
If all this succeeds I will consider doing the following to it:
- Hire out a swimming pool capable of holding the entire size of the ship (can you guess what I'm doing here?)
Now we all know that a LEGO brick can float on water, the question is, can hundreds of thousands of LEGO bricks do the same? These are the two possibilities:
- One: it sinks as soon as it's lowered into the pool.
- Or Two: it stays afloat letting water flow in at a slow rate.
If it floats, I will take it out of the water and to the correct scale, take a line of bricks out of the star-board side of the ship. I will then place it back in the water and video it sinking.
If it sinks then the ship will be raised and I will insert little bags or something that will hold air within them to help it stay afloat. Hence when I take the gap out, It would hopefully sink at a slow rate.