| This minifigure has only appeared in television episode(s)|
Although this article is about an official minifigure, it never existed in physical form, or appeared in any official LEGO sets.
Old And Young
- “The only reason I'm about to do this is because I love you.”
- ―Dr. Julien to Zane before turning his memory off.
Dr. Julien is the inventor that built Zane and the Falcon. He spent most of his life with his "son" and he taught Zane to do many everyday things. When he was on his death bed, he told Zane he was made to protect those who cannot protect themselves and that he needed to move on to the next stage in life. Before he passed away, he switched off Zane's memory switch so he could not hurt Zane with loss. He also had a robot to protect their home from Treehorns, which is later destroyed by Zane, before he unlocks his full potential.
In the next season, it is revealed that he is still alive and held captive in a deserted jail in the middle of a vast sea. It turns out that shortly after his death, Samukai visited him and revived him with a potion, forcing him to build powerful machines that would aid him in attacking Ninjago. To avoid him escaping, Samukai chained a large sea creature called Leviathan at the bottom of the sea as a guard. He was found by the ninjas and was rescued in The Last Voyage. He has since aided and lived alongside them in the events leading to the final battle between Lloyd and the Overlord.
In the third season, it is revealed that he died from unknown reasons (it is highly likely his age caught up with him), and Zane secretly mourns losing him again. Cyrus Borg comforts him in hinting that he and his father knew and worked together. In the end of the season, when Zane fought the Golden Master and when he was near his death, he remembered everything he did with his father, so Dr Julien appeared in flashbacks.
- The Falcon
- The Juggernaut robot, as the Falcon and the robot have the same symbol
- The tree fortress, because his symbol is on the door
- The Skulkin's Battalion
- Cole's Earth Driller
- Kai's Fire Mech(in conjunction with Nya)
- "You were built to protect those that cannot protect themselves..." - Dr. Julien to Zane
- "You were always the son I never had..." - Dr. Julien to Zane
- "And believe me when I say, I thought I was kaput!" - Dr. Julien to Zane
- "I may not be able to fight, but I can fly!" - Dr. Julien after blocking a missile with the Destiny's Bounty
- In his old age he looks very similar to Jay's father Ed. Another similarity is his love of inventing.
- He has the same hair as Ed Walker and Count Dooku's Clone Wars variant.
- In "The Last Voyage", he told Zane that he never taught him to cook, but in the flashbacks in "Tick Tock", he and Zane are shown making soup together (but he could just not remember or Zane was tasting the food)
- His name has been officially proven as Dr. Julien in LEGO Ninjago: Character Encyclopedia. His name was never mentioned on the TV show.
- Zane's last name is Robert, meaning Dr. Julien's full name is Julien Robert.
- The latest season stated that the elemental powers comes from an original elemental master. It also said that they are passed down each generation, and with this one can assume that Dr. Julien had the element of ice, but never awakened it. It is unknown how Zane came to posses it since he is Dr. Julien's creation, but it could be connected with the mysterious power source Dr. Julien built Zane with.
- There is a theory on the Lego forums that Dr. Julien was once Bonezai:
1. Both are said to be mild-mannered and actually pleasant.
2. Both are talented inventors who are rivaled only by Jay, Cyrus, Nya, etc.
3. Both were at least at one point members of the skulkin and made stuff for them.
4. They both have the element of ice (or at least Julien WOULD, since he is Zane's creator).
5. Both are proud of their inventions.
Also, the two are never seen at the same time or the same place, or even mentioned together. And since we've never heard Bonezai's voice, it could also be him. Also, as stated in the Official Guide and other sources, Chopov is envious of Bonezai and secretly wishes for the latter to be captured (instead of merely being fired) and to take his place. It's possible that if Julien were Bonezai, this would explain why Chopov wants something BAD to happen, not just him being replaced.
True, Julien would never harm Zane, but seeing as how Bonezai never had any actual encounters with the Nindroid to date, and that Garmadon's plan never actually involved harm to the Ninja of Ice, Julien/Bonezai was forced to keep quiet. And it's possible that when he, Chopov, Krazi, and Wyplash ambushed Nya, the reason she won was because he held back.
Going on, the idea is that whenever Julien enters the Underworld, he assumes his 'Bonezai' form to be better recognized by the skulkin, and that Chopov was appointed his unwilling servant. Being Zane's creator, the latter wanted more than just being fired to happen to him, and when Garmadon left and Samukai was destroyed, Julien was exiled back to his island and no longer needed for his services as a skulkin.