- "I am a Master Builder!"
- ―Emmet, announcing his newfound self-identity
Emmet has been working most of his life on the construction site as an instruction worker in the city of Bricksburg. He longs to be popular, but his co-workers hardly notice he's there. He lives life by the book--literally--and builds things only from the instructions. Because of this, however, he is mostly boring and uncreative, except for at some moment of inspiration, like his inventing the "double decker couch". He is not a fan of adventure or danger either (similar to Bilbo Baggins), both of which give him reason for "freaking out".
One day, however, he stumbles upon the Piece of Resistance while going after Wyldstyle, which makes the Master Builders mistake him as being "The Special", which means he must stop Lord Business from gluing the world together with the Kragle. From that point on, he is caught in a desperate struggle between the powers of order and imagination by Lord Business and the Master Builders, respectively--as well as his self-acceptance in being special in his own ways.
In the final battle, Emmet convinces Lord Business that creativity is not messy or weird, and that it is okay for the people to build brand-new ideas from all the things Business himself had made, which makes him special, too, just like everyone is special. Moved by Emmet's speech and touched by being considered special, Business applies the Piece of Resistance on the Kragle, which soon causes the Kragle to explode, deactivating all of his robot minions, and unfreezing his victims (though the real "victims" were saved when the Man Upstairs cleaned the glue off them). As a result, Lord Business used a watering can and says "Oops, I've got the antidote for the Kragle!"
|This is a description taken from LEGO.com. Do not modify it.|
An ordinary, rules-following, perfectly average LEGO minifigure who is mistakenly identified as the most extraordinary person and the key to saving the world. He is drafted into a fellowship of strangers on an epic quest to stop an evil tyrant, a journey for which Emmet is hopelessly and hilariously underprepared.
|This is a description taken from LEGO.com. Do not modify it. (visit this item's product page)|
“Good morning, city!”
Every day, Emmet goes to work exactly by the steps in the instructions booklet that he always keeps in his hand. As part of Bricksburg’s busy construction crew, he helps to rebuild the city as briefed by President Business.
Emmet wants to be popular, but he struggles to stand out in the crowd. Even his fellow construction workers hardly know he’s there. But all of that is about to change, thanks to a mysterious stranger and a legendary Prophecy about the most special minifigure in the entire world!
- Emmet's hairpiece is similar to Part 3901, but has hair sticking out in the back, and has lines on it.
- In LEGO Movie the Video Game, Emmet has a new instruction build ability, as do all the other construction workers. They can also use pneumatic drills and wrenches.
- When trying to build in the video game, Emmet and all the other non-Master Builders can't build simple builds without instructions. If he tries, then he puts all the pieces in all the wrong spots. After becoming a Master Builder, however, he gains this ability.
- In the first level of the videogame, Emmet does not have a drill first,but when the player gets the drill in the shed, he will have the ability to drill.
- His face is based on the original smiling minifigure head, but altered to show more emotion. This is why he doesn't have pupils. Finn's Emmet minifigure uses the classic smile, but all of the sets have altered versions.
- Emmet's car is the same car from 3177 Small Car, but in different colours and the addition of mirrors. In the online Glue Escape Racing Game, he has a blue convertible.
- The red brick that's stuck on his back is the "Piece of Resistance", the one item that could stop Lord Business' Kragle. Ironically, the Piece of Resistance is stuck to Emmet's back because it was covered in the Kragle's glue.
- His poncho variant was included with preorders for The LEGO Movie Video Game from EB Games and Gamestop.
- His last name is Brickowski, as revealed by the Junior Novel and Lord Business.
- His hair is the same hair as Sleepyhead's before he combs it as seen in the trailer and the movie itself.
- His pajamas are also the same as Sleepyhead's.
- Emmet's voice actor, Chris Pratt, also plays Star-Lord in the upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy movie.
- He has the most variants in the video game with 15.
- In the LEGO Movie Videogame, his clown variant is shown with pupils in his eyes, despite him not having any.
- The legs on his Hard Hat variant have a smaller ID badge with the name Emmet spelled bigger.
- Western Emmet's hat is different on the actual minifigure than in the movie.
- He has a total of 7 real-life variants.
- 30280 The Piece of Resistance
- 5002204 Western Emmet
- 5002045 Pyjamas Emmet
- 70800 Getaway Glider
- 70801 Melting Room
- 70802 Bad Cop's Pursuit
- 70803 Cloud Cuckoo Palace
- 70808 Super Cycle Chase
- 70809 Lord Business' Evil Lair
- 70810 MetalBeard's Sea Cow
- 70814 Emmet's Construction Mech
- 70815 Police Dropship
- 70816 Benny’s Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP!
- 71004 The LEGO Movie Series
- The LEGO Movie Exclusive Set
Video Game Appearances
Gallery of Variants
|view · talk · editMinifigures|
|Series 1:||Caveman | Cheerleader | Circus Clown | Cowboy | Deep Sea Diver | Demolition Dummy | Forestman | Magician | Ninja | Nurse | Robot | Skater | Spaceman | Super Wrestler | Tribal Hunter | Zombie|
|Series 2:||Disco Dude | Explorer | Karate Master | Lifeguard | Maraca Man | Mime | Pharaoh | Pop Star | Ringmaster | Skier | Spartan Warrior | Surfer | Traffic Cop | Vampire | Weight Lifter | Witch|
|Series 3:||Baseball Player | Elf | Fisherman | Gorilla Suit Guy | Hula Dancer | Mummy | Pilot | Race Car Driver | Rapper | Samurai Warrior | Snowboarder | Space Alien | Space Villain | Sumo Wrestler | Tennis Player | Tribal Chief|
|Series 4:||Artist | Crazy Scientist | Hazmat Guy | Hockey Player | Ice Skater | Kimono Girl | Lawn Gnome | The Monster | Musketeer | Punk Rocker | Sailor | Soccer Player | Street Skater | Surfer Girl | Viking | Werewolf|
|Series 5:||Boxer | Cave Woman | Detective | Egyptian Queen | Evil Dwarf | Fitness Instructor | Gangster | Gladiator | Graduate | Ice Fisherman | Lizard Man | Lumberjack | Royal Guard | Small Clown | Snowboarder Guy | Zookeeper|
|Series 6:||Bandit | Butcher | Classic Alien | Clockwork Robot | Flamenco Dancer | Genie | Highland Battler | Intergalactic Girl | Lady Liberty | Leprechaun | Mechanic | Minotaur | Roman Soldier | Skater Girl | Sleepyhead | Surgeon|
|Series 7:||Aztec Warrior | Bagpiper | Bride | Bunny Suit Guy | Computer Programmer | Daredevil | Evil Knight | Galaxy Patrol | Grandma Visitor | Hippie | Jungle Boy | Ocean King | Rocker Girl | Swimming Champion | Tennis Ace | Viking Woman|
|Team GB:||Agile Archer | Brawny Boxer | Flexible Gymnast | Horseback Rider | Judo Fighter | Relay Runner | Tactical Tennis Player | The Stealth Swimmer | Wondrous Weightlifter|
|Series 8:||Alien Villainess | Businessman | Conquistador | Cowgirl | Diver | DJ | Downhill Skier | Evil Robot | Fairy | Football Player | Lederhosen Guy | Pirate Captain | Red Cheerleader | Santa | The Thespian | Vampire Bat|
|Series 9:||Alien Avenger | Battle Mech | Chicken Suit Guy | Cyclops | Forest Maiden | Fortune Teller | Heroic Knight | Hollywood Starlet | Judge | Mermaid | Mr. Good and Evil | Plumber | Policeman | Roller Derby Girl | Roman Emperor | Waiter|
|Series 10:||Baseball Fielder | Bumblebee Girl | Decorator | Grandpa | Librarian | Medusa | Motorcycle Mechanic | Mr. Gold | Paintballer | Revolutionary Soldier | Roman Commander | Sad Clown | Sea Captain | Skydiver | Tomahawk Warrior | Trendsetter | Warrior Woman|
|Series 11:||Barbarian | Constable | Diner Waitress | Evil Mech | Gingerbread Man | Grandma | Holiday Elf | Island Warrior | Lady Robot | Mountain Climber | Pretzel Girl | Saxophone Player | Scarecrow | Scientist | Welder | Yeti|
|The LEGO Movie:||Abraham Lincoln | Calamity Drone | Gail the Construction Worker | Hard Hat Emmet | Larry the Barista | Marsha Queen of the Mermaids | Mrs. Scratchen-Post | Panda Guy | President Business | Scribble-Face Bad Cop | Taco Tuesday Man | Velma Staplebot | “Where are my Pants?” Guy | Wild West Wyldstyle | Wiley Fusebot | William Shakespeare|
|Character Encyclopedia:||Toy Soldier|
|Accessory Sets:||Birthday Clown | Black and White Rocker Girl | Child | Drummer | Silver Rapper|
|LEGO Minifigures Online:||Captain Pete | Captain Brickbeard | Fireman | Hades | Ogre Smasher | Pirate | Skeleton | Zeus|