- "I am a Master Builder!"
- ―Emmet, announcing his newfound self-identity
Emmet has a total of eleven physical variants, but one has two different face designs in the sets he appears in.
Emmet wears an orange and blue construction vest and pants lined with silver on the legs, back, and front. There are two pockets on his vest, one of them containing a blue pen. On his left leg is an ID badge with a small bio (portrayed by three black bars), an image of Emmet, and his name written in white above the bio. His hair is medium brown with ripples molded into it and a little bit of hair sticking out of the back. To fit the Piece of Resistance on Emmet's back, a neck bracket is placed around his neck and the Piece is attached via a stud hole on the back.
The first version of this appears with a different head. It has a smirk and it's alternate face is an screaming expression.
Another version of this appears with a different head. It has a smile showing teeth and it's alternate face is an nervous expression.
There is also one variant exclusive to The LEGO Movie Exclusive Set which is his regular variant (the one with the lopsided smile), but without the Piece of Resistance. The reason for this is so he can sit in his theater seat included in the set.
The other head has an open-mouth smile on one side, and an angry face on the other. This variant does not include the Piece of Resistance.
This variant is the same as his Regular Variant, but it has a Red Hard Hat with hair underneath. Emmet's face is an open-smile mouth, and the alternate face is him with an excited expression. This can be found in 71004 The LEGO Movie Series.
Emmet's poncho variant includes his regular outfit, a Blue and Orange poncho on his body. His face is yellow with a mustache and an open-mouth grin. He also wears a fedora, the same one as Indiana Jones and The Joker. He has two inaccuracies compared to his movie version: there is no visible hair under his hat and he doesn't have the Piece of Resistance. In early promotional shots for the minifigure, he had a black moustache.
In his Robot Disguise, Emmet has his Hard Hat headpiece and his face is covered in tinfoil.
Video Game Variants
Emmet has a total of fifteen video game variants
His Regular, Hard Hat, Cowboy, Robot Disguise, and Pajama variants are included. Also, the outfits from Series 1 that he wore in the movie are included.
Emmet's new versions are Trash Can, which has a Trash Can on his head, Wheel Head, which has a wheel on his head, and Shower, which is a variant with bubbles circling him. Also, in the final two levels and in an Instruction Build, his Construct-o-Mech is playable.
Emmet's abilities are Instruction Build, using a drill, and fixing objects with a wrench.
All of Emmet's physical and video game variants appear in The LEGO Movie.
Emmet has been working most of his life on the construction site as an instruction worker in the city of Bricksburg. He longs to be popular, but his co-workers hardly notice he's there. He lives life by the book--literally--and builds things only from the instructions. Because of this, however, he is mostly boring and uncreative, except for at some moment of inspiration, like his inventing the "double decker couch". He is not a fan of adventure or danger either (similar to Bilbo Baggins), both of which give him reason for "freaking out".
One day, however, he stumbles upon the Piece of Resistance while going after Wyldstyle, which makes the Master Builders mistake him as being "The Special", which means he must stop Lord Business from gluing the world together with the Kragle. From that point on, he is caught in a desperate struggle between the powers of order and imagination by Lord Business and the Master Builders, respectively--as well as his self-acceptance in being special in his own ways.
In the final battle, Emmet convinces Lord Business that creativity is not messy or weird, and that it is okay for the people to build brand-new ideas from all the things Business himself had made, which makes him special, too, just like everyone is special. Moved by Emmet's speech and touched by being considered special, Business applies the Piece of Resistance on the Kragle, which soon causes the Kragle to explode, deactivating all of his robot minions and unfreezing his victims (though the real "victims" were saved when the Man Upstairs cleaned the glue off them).
After the battle, it is revealed by The LEGO Movie: The Essential Guide that Emmet now spends time watching TV with his friends, which could possibly mean that Gail, Wally, Frank, Sherry, Surfer Dave, and all of his Bricksburg friends started to notice he is around.
|This is a description taken from LEGO.com. Do not modify it.|
An ordinary, rules-following, perfectly average LEGO minifigure who is mistakenly identified as the most extraordinary person and the key to saving the world. He is drafted into a fellowship of strangers on an epic quest to stop an evil tyrant, a journey for which Emmet is hopelessly and hilariously underprepared.
|This is a description taken from LEGO.com. Do not modify it. (visit this item's product page)|
“Good morning, city!”
Every day, Emmet goes to work exactly by the steps in the instructions booklet that he always keeps in his hand. As part of Bricksburg’s busy construction crew, he helps to rebuild the city as briefed by President Business.
Emmet wants to be popular, but he struggles to stand out in the crowd. Even his fellow construction workers hardly know he’s there. But all of that is about to change, thanks to a mysterious stranger and a legendary Prophecy about the most special minifigure in the entire world!
- "Good morning apartment! Good morning ceiling, good morning doorway, good morning floor! Ready to start the day!"
- "Introducing the double decker couch. So everyone can watch TV together and be buddies!"
- "Well I'm dark and brooding too- guys, look! A rainbow!"
- "But there's no signs anywhere! How do you know what not to do?"
- ―Emmet to Unikity
- "Hello! I'm Emmet... oh and this is the Piece of Resistance."
- "You don't have to be the bad guy. You are the most talented, most interesting, and most extraordinary person in the universe. And you are capable of amazing things. Because you are the Special. And so am I. And so is everyone. The prophecy is made up, but it's also true. It's about all of us. Right now, it's about you, and you still can change everything."
- ―Emmet to Lord Business
- Emmet's hairpiece is similar to Part 3901, but has hair sticking out in the back, and has lines on it.
- In LEGO Movie the Video Game, Emmet has a new instruction build ability, as do all the other construction workers. They can also use pneumatic drills and wrenches.
- When trying to build in the video game, Emmet and all the other non-Master Builders can't build simple builds without instructions. If he tries, then he puts all the pieces in all the wrong spots. After becoming a Master Builder, however, he gains this ability. Surprisingly, all of his variants can master build once his master builder variant is unlocked and every variant can still use instruction builds even after they gain the ability to master build.
- His face is based on the original smiling minifigure head, but altered to show more emotion. This is why he doesn't have pupils. Finn's Emmet minifigure uses the classic smile, but all of the sets have altered versions.
- Emmet's car is the same car from 3177 Small Car, but in different colours and the addition of mirrors. In the online Glue Escape Racing Game, he has a blue convertible.
- Ironically, the Piece of Resistance is stuck to Emmet's back because it was covered in the Kragle's glue in real life.
- His last name is Brickowski, as revealed by the Junior Novel and Lord Business.
- His hair is the same hair as Sleepyhead's before he combs it as seen in the trailer and the movie itself.
- His pajamas are also the same as Sleepyhead's.
- Emmet's voice actor, Chris Pratt, also plays Star-Lord in the upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy movie.
- He has the most variants in the video game with 15.
- The legs on his Hard Hat and Poncho variants have a smaller ID badge with the name Emmet spelled bigger.
- Western Emmet's hat is different on the actual minifigure than in the movie.
- 30280 The Piece of Resistance (Regular, Different Head)
- 5002204 Western Emmet (Western)
- 5002045 Pyjamas Emmet (Pyjamas)
- 70800 Getaway Glider (Regular)
- 70801 Melting Room (Regular)
- 70802 Bad Cop's Pursuit (Regular, Tracking Device)
- 70803 Cloud Cuckoo Palace (Different Head, Tracking Device)
- 70808 Super Cycle Chase (Regular)
- 70809 Lord Business' Evil Lair (Regular)
- 70810 MetalBeard's Sea Cow (Regular, Different Head)
- 70814 Emmet's Construction Mech (Master Builder)
- 70815 Police Dropship (Regular, Tracking Device)
- 70816 Benny’s Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP! (Disguised)
- 71004 The LEGO Movie Series (Hard Hat)
- The LEGO Movie Exclusive Set (Without the Piece of Resistance)
Video Game Appearances
Gallery of Variants
|view · talk · editMinifigures|
|Series 1:||Caveman | Cheerleader | Circus Clown | Cowboy | Deep Sea Diver | Demolition Dummy | Forestman | Magician | Ninja | Nurse | Robot | Skater | Spaceman | Super Wrestler | Tribal Hunter | Zombie|
|Series 2:||Disco Dude | Explorer | Karate Master | Lifeguard | Maraca Man | Mime | Pharaoh | Pop Star | Ringmaster | Skier | Spartan Warrior | Surfer | Traffic Cop | Vampire | Weight Lifter | Witch|
|Series 3:||Baseball Player | Elf | Fisherman | Gorilla Suit Guy | Hula Dancer | Mummy | Pilot | Race Car Driver | Rapper | Samurai Warrior | Snowboarder | Space Alien | Space Villain | Sumo Wrestler | Tennis Player | Tribal Chief|
|Series 4:||Artist | Crazy Scientist | Hazmat Guy | Hockey Player | Ice Skater | Kimono Girl | Lawn Gnome | The Monster | Musketeer | Punk Rocker | Sailor | Soccer Player | Street Skater | Surfer Girl | Viking | Werewolf|
|Series 5:||Boxer | Cave Woman | Detective | Egyptian Queen | Evil Dwarf | Fitness Instructor | Gangster | Gladiator | Graduate | Ice Fisherman | Lizard Man | Lumberjack | Royal Guard | Small Clown | Snowboarder Guy | Zookeeper|
|Series 6:||Bandit | Butcher | Classic Alien | Clockwork Robot | Flamenco Dancer | Genie | Highland Battler | Intergalactic Girl | Lady Liberty | Leprechaun | Mechanic | Minotaur | Roman Soldier | Skater Girl | Sleepyhead | Surgeon|
|Series 7:||Aztec Warrior | Bagpiper | Bride | Bunny Suit Guy | Computer Programmer | Daredevil | Evil Knight | Galaxy Patrol | Grandma Visitor | Hippie | Jungle Boy | Ocean King | Rocker Girl | Swimming Champion | Tennis Ace | Viking Woman|
|Team GB:||Agile Archer | Brawny Boxer | Flexible Gymnast | Horseback Rider | Judo Fighter | Relay Runner | Tactical Tennis Player | The Stealth Swimmer | Wondrous Weightlifter|
|Series 8:||Alien Villainess | Businessman | Conquistador | Cowgirl | Diver | DJ | Downhill Skier | Evil Robot | Fairy | Football Player | Lederhosen Guy | Pirate Captain | Red Cheerleader | Santa | The Thespian | Vampire Bat|
|Series 9:||Alien Avenger | Battle Mech | Chicken Suit Guy | Cyclops | Forest Maiden | Fortune Teller | Heroic Knight | Hollywood Starlet | Judge | Mermaid | Mr. Good and Evil | Plumber | Policeman | Roller Derby Girl | Roman Emperor | Waiter|
|Series 10:||Baseball Fielder | Bumblebee Girl | Decorator | Grandpa | Librarian | Medusa | Motorcycle Mechanic | Mr. Gold | Paintballer | Revolutionary Soldier | Roman Commander | Sad Clown | Sea Captain | Skydiver | Tomahawk Warrior | Trendsetter | Warrior Woman|
|Series 11:||Barbarian | Constable | Diner Waitress | Evil Mech | Gingerbread Man | Grandma | Holiday Elf | Island Warrior | Lady Robot | Mountain Climber | Pretzel Girl | Saxophone Player | Scarecrow | Scientist | Welder | Yeti|
|The LEGO Movie:||Abraham Lincoln | Calamity Drone | Gail the Construction Worker | Hard Hat Emmet | Larry the Barista | Marsha Queen of the Mermaids | Mrs. Scratchen-Post | Panda Guy | President Business | Scribble-Face Bad Cop | Taco Tuesday Man | Velma Staplebot | “Where are my Pants?” Guy | Wild West Wyldstyle | Wiley Fusebot | William Shakespeare|
|The Simpsons:||Homer Simpson | Marge Simpson | Bart Simpson | Lisa Simpson | Ned Flanders | Mr. Burns | Nelson Muntz | Ralph Wiggum | Chief Wiggum | Grampa | Krusty the Clown | Itchy | Scratchy|
|Character Encyclopedia:||Toy Soldier|
|Accessory Sets:||Birthday Clown | Black and White Rocker Girl | Child | Drummer | Silver Rapper|
|LEGO Minifigures Online:||Captain Pete | Captain Brickbeard | Fireman | Hades | Ogre Smasher | Pirate | Skeleton | Zeus|