Basically, with all these new bots, I've seen that we all have our own task lists, and some are overlapping.
I propose we have a centralised bot task page, where anyone can add a task. When a bot owner completes, (or starts, or does it partially ect.) that task, they say how much they did, and when they did it.
It's as simple as that. Easier to see what bot tasks are happening, when, how frequently ect., and easier to propose a task
It also give us a usefull log of tasks done by bots recently, (so if, for example, you found that all the infoboxes on say, the Belville pages were broken, you could see if any bots had done anything there recently)
- nxt 19:07, December 21, 2011 (UTC)
- I guess so. Do other people run other tasks though? Jag 19:17, December 21, 2011 (UTC)
- Uh? I know quite a few of us are doing "Bionicle" --> "BIONICLE", "Duplo" -> "DUPLO" ect. - nxt
- Like, would I go start creating set redirects? Jag 20:14, December 21, 2011 (UTC)
- Yeah, but you don't have my script for that :P - nxt
- And I'm just using AWB at the moment. Jag 22:43, December 21, 2011 (UTC)
- I see no problem with every bot having it automatically doing that, as its just something it can do when your doing something else. (I.e, something that just sits in find and replace or whatever.) - CJC 20:16, December 21, 2011 (UTC)
Example here. Jag 23:03, December 21, 2011 (UTC)
- I like the colours, but have made a more compact version. With yours you would've only been able to see ~4 per page, so I turned it into more of a table. - nxt
- That looks good. Jag 19:53, December 23, 2011 (UTC)
- Closed, the talk page of BP:BOTS can be used for task requests. If you want to actually make a page with templates, go ahead, but I doubt it will be used. ajr 22:50, August 26, 2012 (UTC)