This Forum has been archivedVisit the new Forums
For asking any questions you may have about making custom creations. Just ask your questions below the line. Please note that questions about future sets and availability in your country have their own dedicated topics, and such questions will be removed from here.
Please place all content below this line
I am thinking about making a batch of custom minifigures:
- A custom Peasant with a custom scythe blade and painted "boots."
- A custom Archer with a custom tunic, possibly hair, and cape.
- A custom Pikeman with a custom helmet, face, tunic, armor and boots, and maybe a custom spear.
- A custom Swordsman with custom armor, shield, and possibly sword.
- A custom Cavalier (essentially like a mounted Swordsman) with custom armor, lance, and horse barding.
- A custom Paladin with custom helmet, shoulder armor + body armor that allows for a custom cape, with waist armor.
However, I have a few questions:
- 1: I'm a bit of an ambitious perfectionist when it comes to LEGO building, so I was wondering, since I don't want to use non-plastic materials, what type of plastic would be best to use in order to be as close to a normal LEGO piece as possible, and where might I obtain it?
- 2: How would I make the molds for the pieces (with parental supervision, of course :P)?
- 3: What type of cloth should I use for making capes, and how would it be best to handle and shape it to the desired length, etc.?
- 4: I've heard that vinyl dye is the best thing for changing the color of pieces, but what if I only need to change a small portion of the pieces (e.g. The Peasant's boots)? What would be the closest to the printing on normal pieces?
- Just moved this to a new topic (sorry I don't have any suggestions to help you out) (talk) 04:08, April 9, 2012 (UTC)