Now on chat kicking just cuts connection from chat and the user can rejoin right away and bans are now timed should we use kicking as a warning, it will show the user we mean business when moderating chat. The other option is it is used as the second warning. I.E. 1st warning: the user is told on chat. 2nd warning: The user is kicked. 3rd warning: the user is banned
--User:Brick bobby User talk: Brick bobby 18:12, May 7, 2012 (UTC)
- Woot, chat update :D!
- No matter what happens with kicks and bans, please remember that both should only be used to prevent disruption. Kicks should happen /much/ more often than bans now that there is that option, so if someone is being disruptive and not listening to a warning then kicking would be in order. After that, short bans (one day I'd say) would be in order for most things.
- FYI, CheckUsers can now see who connects to chat from what IP address in Special:Log/chatconnect. This has a few privacy issues since the log is permenant, but it will prevent lots of chat disruption. If someone is joining chat with multiple accounts now, contact a CheckUser. ajr 18:25, May 7, 2012 (UTC)
- Umm, what happens if I click that link? Is it just a form which is safe to click, or is it a list of everyone's IPs? NightblazeSaber(talk) 23:33, May 7, 2012 (UTC)
- List of everyone's IP when they join chat essentially. I don't understand why they did that rather than make it a check user-able action, but the list will be rather helpful for preventing repeat trolling. ajr 23:46, May 7, 2012 (UTC)
- That's totally awesome that they added that CheckUser thing. Also, I would support your idea, BB (if we're supposed to be voting...) Drewlzoo
- Current side rail chat module is beautiful! Text covered up, list of avatars too long... - nxt