I made some topic a while back about how numbers like 4432424 (thats probably not an actual number, but you know what I mean) are simply LEGOs reference ones and that all sets have one and so on, and that pages like 4342343 Darth Vader Key Chain (again, probably not an actual page) should be redirected to other numbers. See Set references for more info.
Anyway, now the main problem with including pages item numbers was mainly that for normal sets that people actually like to read about, the only way to find them was to get a look at the box. However, Brickset have done some stuff with some shop and so now have some therefore making it slightly easier if anyone can be bothered. As a result, I've made a second version of the set infobox that includes a section for item number. See here. One slight problem is that we already have Item No= for the normal number, like 9674, so I had to call the new one Item7.
So yeah. I realise that since I made this forum and it looks boring, you haven't read it, so just type something like "Cool" or "You're amazing" below.
- CJC 10:16, March 10, 2012 (UTC)
Read it and it's a good idea. Kudos to Huw for adding the item numbers. I'll add that to my list of things to do, along with adding Bricklink links. (Although, I guess we have to get enough support for it before the new template can be used? Meh.) Support - 10:30, March 10, 2012 (UTC)
You're amazing NightblazeSaber(talk) 10:38, March 10, 2012 (UTC)
- Seriously though, do you mean the "LEGO item numbers" section on the side and/or the "Barcodes" section? How do you even find the numbers? (not the barcode, the other one obviously). Anyway, I guess it'd be ok to have in the infobox, although I'm not really sure whether they're important enough to have there, and may be misleading to people reading the page to have two different item number sections. Definitely would be ok having it somewhere like Notes where you can be clear about it, but infobox, I just don't know. Umm.. neutral I guess. NightblazeSaber(talk) 10:41, March 10, 2012 (UTC)
- I'd say at put them at the bottom of the infobox, or something. And the item number is on the set's box, always just above the barcode. Not sure how Brickset gets them though. - 10:45, March 10, 2012 (UTC)
- Brickset is getting them through a new partnership with some shop. - CJC 11:21, March 10, 2012 (UTC)
- Cool you're amazing. Darth henry Talk Pain sig! - Burning eyes! 13:34, March 10, 2012 (UTC)