Amazingly, when you upload an image and it warns about you overwriting another file, that means there is already a file with that name. Do not just click yes to overwrite because you can't be bothered to rename your LDD screenshot. Because if I notice and undo it, you'll end up with pictures of a giant troll instead of your Greek Goddess or Dalek. (E.g., http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/File:LDDScreenShot65.png ). ~ CJC 20:12, July 9, 2012 (UTC)
- Case in point - http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/File:LDDScreenShot1.png - NBP uploaded, Blaze overwrote, Knight overwrote, Zero overwrote, Jhillbrect overwrote, mandrake-lover overwrote, Eagyledeen overwrote, MASTER SPECTRA overwrote, wobblefeet overwrote, IMF overwrote (twice), Nuffsaid overwrote, then reverted to IMFs. All this means is all those links to peoples customs will now show NBPs...whatever that is. There are some rocks, grass, a building of some sort. Thats not the point anyway. ~ CJC 20:18, July 9, 2012 (UTC)
- Yes, please rename you LDD images to something that is relavant to the image. I think we should hand out warnings and eventually blocks if we catch people doing it. 1st-3rd warants a warn and the 4th time is a block.
Darth henry The Dojo Turtles! 20:20, July 9, 2012 (UTC)
- I never overwrite another file of any kind.
SuperSpyX Knowledge isPower
- Same but I think that we should have a policy of some sort though… Charge talk Devoted editor of Brickipedia. 22:43, July 9, 2012 (UTC)
- It's not like anyone would follow a policy. --Berrybrick (Talk) 00:44, July 10, 2012 (UTC)
- TBH, I wasn't suggesting a policy, just trying to remind people that overwrite warnings don't come up for fun, but mean you are about to overwrite an image. ~ CJC 08:44, July 10, 2012 (UTC)
- I actually was replying to Charge. --Berrybrick (Talk) 20:57, July 11, 2012 (UTC)
- Support. Custom:Uruk-hai for an example of why you need to rename your LDD screenshots. StealthNinja Contact 6,767 Edits
- Lol. We really need a policy/rule. Charge talk Devoted editor of Brickipedia. 05:48, July 10, 2012 (UTC)
- Yeah. It's not like it'd be hard to make an "overwriting warn" template, is it? - 09:03, July 10, 2012 (UTC)
- Support Is is very annoying.-βᵒᵇ βʳᶦᶜᵏˢ™ Ʈᵃᶫᵏ · βᶫᵒᵍ
- LOL, I love the examples. XD IDK what we can do about it though, besides continuing to revert it and telling people to make sure they don't overwrite other's photos (er is that what your doing?) Drewlzoo
- I gave up with reverting after Screenshot5, so if someone wants to revert another 50 or so, that is fine by me :P ~ CJC 14:56, July 11, 2012 (UTC)
- I do need something to edit. :P Drewlzoo
- Support A policy would be nice, but the policy idea would probably start a whole nother forum that is left for dust after a few posts. :/ -NBP 14:19, July 13, 2012 (UTC)
- Per NBP. -Cligra Join the redlink war!