- "Welcome to the age of technology!"
- ―General Cryptor in "The Art of the Silent Fist"
General Cryptor is the lethal general of the Nindroid Army. He is far more advanced than the other Nindroids in combat, emotions, and smarts, and is well prepared for battle, having armor and two katanas on him at all times. Like all other Nindroids, he is also capable of cloaking, although he can also shoot lasers out of his armor, which are stronger than the ones fired out of regular Nindroid's eyes.
He was created by the OverBorg as general of the Nindroid army. He first appeared in "The Art of the Silent Fist", leading the Nindroid's first attack on the ninja. After the Ninja attempt to escape in their hacked vehicles, General Cryptor uses his Destructiod, and single handedley destroys the NinjaCopter, the Kai Fighter, the Thunder Raider, and Cole's Mech. Unfortunately for Cryptor, the Ninja put the vehicles on autopilot, and Cryptor had to report to an outraged OverBorg, who called him and his army a failure.
Cryptor is next seen guarding the tower where the power source was. He quickly found the Ninja after Min-Droid gave them away, and also beat up P.I.X.A.L. when she tried to help. Zane left the ninja to help P.I.X.A.L, and plows through the Nindroids, then sees Cryptor beating up P.I.X.A.L.. He catches Zane's Techno Blade, calls him a tin can with feelings, and throws Zane, disposing of his Techno Blade. Zane attacks Cryptor, knocking away his katanas, but Cryptor makes a comeback, then cloaks himself and pummels Zane. However, before he could finish him, the power is destroyed by Kai, Cole, and Jay, which powers down all machines in New Ninjago City, including Cryptor.
- His name appears to be based off a type of Trojan Horse (Computer virus), known as Gen-Cryptor.
- LEGO intended to include him in 70724 NinjaCopter, but, for unknown reasons, decided not to.[source?]
- He is known to criticize his own army, nick naming a small Nindroid a "Min-Droid" is an example of it.
- He is the servant of the Digital Overlord.
- Pictures of General Cryptor were the first pictures of Ninjago's early 2014 wave.