Maximilian Veers was an elite Imperial Officer that was most notable for leading the Thundering Herd AT-AT squadron and the Snowtrooper Blizzard Force to victory against the Rebel Alliance on Hoth, destroying their base and causing them to flee.
General Veers first appeared in the video game LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy, in 2006. However, he only appears in a cut-scene, as his AT-AT approaches the Echo Base. This scene was re-used in 2007 for the the video game LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga, but in both games he appears only in cut-scenes and is not a playable character.
In 2010, a re-designed minifigure of General Veers appeared in the set 8129 AT-AT Walker, which again looked very similar to the concurrently released Imperial Officer in Hoth Combat Gear figure in the 8084 Snowtrooper Battle Pack.
He was later-redesigned in 2014 for 75054 AT-AT with a completely new look, including a unique head.
- Veers did not wear goggles in Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back, however his 2007 variant features him with goggles on.
- Both full-size versions of General Veers' figure feature an error in their chest printing, showing only six tags on his rank insignia - three red over three blue. However, in the film (and both video games) the character had eight rank tags - four red over four blue.
- He is portrayed by Julian Glover who also plays Donovan in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade and voices Aragog in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.
- 8129 AT-AT Walker
- 10178 Motorized Walking AT-AT
- 853419 LEGO® Star Wars™ Magnet Set: Luke Skywalker, Emperor Palpatine and General Veers
- 75054 AT-AT
Video Game Appearances
Gallery of Variants