|Knights' Kingdom II|
This second Knights' Kingdom line from 2004 was a radical departure from any previous Castle themes. It featured several colorful knights (in red, green, purple and light blue) as main characters who were pitted against the evil knight Vladek. The conflict takes place in the fictional kingdom of Morcia.
Each knight had a special ability and a unique crest. A peculiarity of the series was the fact that the good side initially did not feature any grunts and consisted only of the four heroes and the king until 2006 when Sir Kentis lead a group of four unnamed knights against a small army of foes in 8813 Battle at the Pass. Vladek's minions, who were called Shadow Knights, were formerly knights of Morcia who were transformed by Vladek using the power of Book of Morcia. They reverted to their previous form after the defeat of Vladek, which led to the use of Rogue Knights as Vladek's new soldiers in 2006.
The normal LEGO System sets were accompanied by the release of canned action figure versions of these new characters in a style similar to BIONICLE. Most of the action figures (and some regular sets) came with special cards that could be used to play a battle game.
Knights' Kingdom II was all in all more action oriented and also introduced some new helmets, swords and shields.
Plastic Figures released in 2004 were Nestlé promotions. The figures were like Minifigures because they had studs, and had 4 pieces. They also had stickers to put on the shield and body. They were almost twice as big as LEGO Minifigures.
Featured castles Edit
The kingdom of Morcia was in possession of several castles, most of which where released with the first wave in 2004. The largest of these castles was the royal Castle of Morcia itself. Other fortifications included the Citadel of Orlan and Jayko's castle of Talonjay. The antagonist faction led by Vladek had three larger buildings at its disposal which were all released in 2005. Their main stronghold was Vladek's Dark Fortress itself, which was also the largest of all Knights' Kingdom II sets. Other buildings included a fortified port included in 8802 Dark Fortress Landing and Scorpion Prison Cave.
In 2006 a range of other buildings was released. The Mistlands Tower being the largest and the only one that featured characters from the previous years. The other buildings from this year included the Gargoyle Bridge and a large wall featured in 8813 Battle at the Pass.
It was originally planned for each knight to have castles based on the animal on their heraldry. The concepts briefly appeared on the official website, but were replaced with images from the card game, which weren't animal themed, but the animals could still be seen in the Book of Morcia.
Seven characters were introduced in 2004. They were featured as normal minifigures in the sets as well as canned action figures.
- Jayko (initially called "the rookie", he became king in 2006): light blue armour, falcon/eagle crest
- Danju (initially called "the wise veteran"): purple armour, wolf crest
- Santis (initially called "the strong"): red armour, bear crest
- Rascus (initially called "the joker"): green armour, monkey crest
- King Mathias: golden armour, lion crest
- Vladek: black armour, scorpion crest
- Shadow Knights: black armour, scorpion crest
- The Guardian
The only Shadow Knights released as canned action figures were Karzon and Dracus, but were released in 2006 to counter King Jayko. In the 2006 theme, there was a boxed King Jayko (with siege weapon) and Vladek (also with a siege weapon). In the 2005 theme, where the 4 knights are given magic-enhanced armour, the armour takes a different shape with a molded shape on the torso instead of bricks as part of the armour.
Six other knights were added in 2006.
- Sir Kentis: green and silver armour, unicorn crest
- Sir Adric: red and silver armour, bull crest
- Valiant Knights gold and silver armour
- Karzon: dark armour, snake crest
- Dracus: dark armour, dragon crest
- Rogue Knights: grey and bronze armour
Special sets and Bonus Packs Edit
- 20502 Sword, Electronic Deluxe (Year Unknown)
- 20706 Knights' Kingdom II Sports Bag (2008)
- 65642 Limited Edition Bonus Pack (2004), contained 8779 The Grand Tournament bundled with foam toys of Vladek's sword and shield.
- 65767 Attack from the Sea (2005), contained 8801 Knights' Attack Barge and 8802 Dark Fortress Landing
- 4267641 Knights' Kingdom Magnet Set (2006)
- 4270922 Knights' Kingdom II Party Table Decorations (2007)
- 4279754 Knights' Kingdom II School Supply Set (Year Unknown)
- G678 Knights' Kingdom Chess Set (2005)
- K8800 Vladek's Attack Kit (2004), contained 8799 Knights' Castle Wall and 8800 Vladek's Siege Engine
- M207 Knights' Kingdom Magnet Set (2006)
Other products Edit
|This article or section is incomplete.|
Please improve the article, or discuss the issue on the talk page.
- Eagle Cape - Jayko
- Scorpion Cape - Vladek
- Eagle Mask - Jayko
- Scorpion Mask - Vladek
- Eagle Armour - Jayko
- Scorpion Armour - Vladek
- Bear Sword - Santis
- Bear Shield - Santis
- 4270915 Knights' Kingdom Party Napkins
- 4270911 Knights' Kingdom II Party Plates
- 4270909 Knights' Kingdom II Party Cups
- Eagle Shield - Jayko
- Scorpion Shield - Vladek
- 4270922 Knights' Kingdom II Party Table Decorations
- 4277594 Sword Sheath
- Lion Armour - King Mathias
- 851210 Vladek's Sword
- 851211 Lord Jayko's Sword
- 851212 Lord Jayko Shield
- 851213 Lord Vladek Shield
- 4228196 Jayko's Shield
- 4228206 Jayko's Sword
- 4294369 Shield of Sir Adric
- 4294375 Axe of Sir Adric
- 4294376 Helmet of Sir Adric
- 4294895 Vladek Sword with Sound
- 4494685 Knights' Kingdom Stationary Set
- 4494686 Knights' Kingdom Notepad
- EL895 Sword of Lord Vladek