|The LEGO Movie|
- This article is about the movie. For the theme based on the movie, see The LEGO Movie (Theme).
The LEGO Movie, originally named LEGO: The Piece of Resistance and later LEGO: The Motion Picture, is a movie scheduled for theaters on February 7, 2014. It was originally intended to be a cross between stopmotion and computer generated animation.
In April 2012, writer Phil Lord stated: "It is the story of basically a young man who doesn't have a creative bone in his body and [he] has to always build things from the instructions, he's an 'instructions worker'. In the LEGO city, they build buildings, and it turns out in this universe it's illegal to build apart from the instructions. So what he finds out is that he's actually (a) descendant from these like super creative Jedi-type people who are called 'Master Builders' and he has been charged with saving the universe from being frozen together by an evil bad guy, so over the course of the movie he has to unlearn all of that lame-o, uncreative stuff and learn how to build without all of the instructions in order to save the universe."
- Chris Pratt as Emmet the lead character, "an ordinary, law-abiding, LEGO minifigure who is mistaken for the most extraordinary Master Builder. He's drafted into a fellowship of strangers on a quest to stop an evil tyrant from gluing the universe together."
- Will Arnett as Batman.
- Elizabeth Banks as Wyldstyle a "tough-as-nails" character.
- Morgan Freeman as Vitruvius, an old mystic.
- Will Ferrell as Lord Business, Emmet's adversary.
- Liam Neeson as Bad Cop/Good Cop, Lord Business' henchman.
- Nick Offerman as Metalbeard, a pirate who wants revenge on President Business.
- Alison Brie as Uni-Kitty .
- Channing Tatum as Superman.
- Charlie Day as Benny.
- Jonah Hill as Green Lantern.
- Cobie Smulders as Wonder Woman.
- Ben Stiller as Cyborg.[source?]
- Shawn Kavanaugh as Michelangelo (The LEGO Movie).[source?]
The plans to develop the movie were revealed in August 2009. In June 2010 it was reported that Phil Lord and Chris Miller were going to write and direct the movie. In November 11, 2011 it was revealed that the release of the film will be in 2014 and it would be developed by the Australian company Animal Logic.
In March 2012, Phil Lord and Chris Miller stated a possible working title could be "LEGO: The Piece of Resistance" and that story development, character design, and casting would begin shortly. "In the 3 to 4 months, hopefully," Phil Lord stated.
In a press release before the San Diego International Comic-Con 2013, LEGO revealed there would be 17 new sets released in 2014 based on The LEGO Movie, based on several themes from Space to Wild West. This press release also states there will be a line of Collectible Minifigures based on the movie's characters.
Ads & Promotional Images
- Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Lloyd Garmadon, Johnny Thunder, the artist Michelangelo, Michelangelo from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, the Red Classic Spaceman and White Classic Spaceman, and minifigures from the NBA theme will all appear in the movie. Minifigures from the Collectable Minifigures theme also make an appearance.
- It was originally going to be released on February 28, 2014, but for unknown reasons it was moved to February 7, 2014
- The movie consists largely of 3D computer animation made to look like it's stopmotion, though parts of it are stopmotion.
- For a limited time in 2013, 5002891 The LEGO Movie Mini Poster Sticker was included with 10232 Palace Cinema. It is based on the real movie poster and can be used to replace the other movie posters that show what's playing in the Cinema.
- A sign in the movie reads "Heartlake City" and "Paradisa."
- Unlike most LEGO movies/shows such as Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu, Legends of Chima: The Animated Series, and The Yoda Chronicles, everything in this movie looks like it was built from LEGO bricks. This is true for nearly everything in the entire film, including buildings, landscapes, clouds, smoke, lasers, and explosions.
- BIONICLE: Mask of Light
- BIONICLE 2: Legends of Metru Nui
- BIONICLE 3: Web of Shadows
- BIONICLE: The Legend Reborn
- The Adventures of Clutch Powers
- Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu
- Legends of Chima: The Animated Series
- LEGO Batman the Movie: DC Super Heroes Unite