LEGO Batman: The Movie – DC Super Heroes Unite is a movie based on the LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes videogame. It follows Batman, Robin, Superman, and the rest of the Justice League as they attempt to stop The Joker and Lex Luthor from destroying Gotham City. It was released May 21, 2013 on Blu-Ray and Digital Download along with the release of LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes on the Wii U.
The movie begins when Superman and Batman arrive at LexCorp. When they enter into a large room, they get subdued by a giant, shadowy figure with Kryptonite stored in it's chest as a power source. The robot rockets away, and the scene shifts to two days earlier at the Gotham City Theater, where the Man Of The Year Award is being given away to one of two candidates: Lex Luthor and Bruce Wayne.
A woman steps up to the stand and announces that Bruce Wayne is the winner of the award. Bruce walks up to the stand and, when asked to say a few words, humbly says that he's not sure he deserves an award for helping people in need. Suddenly, Joker's disembodied voice laughs. While the citizens go into a panic, Bruce slips away. Then the lights go out, and when they come back on, Joker boasts of his many crimes, and makes a dramatic entrance, appearing with several Joker Henchmen, Catwoman, Two-Face, Riddler, Harley Quinn, and Penguin. They rob the citizens, and when finished, they demand a speech from Joker. The Crown Prince Of Crime gets interrupted by the Batboat, which smashes through the theater, landing at the table which the villains are sitting. Batman apprehends all of the villains except for Joker, who escapes on a speedboat. A rope descends through the hole in the theater, which turns out to be Robin in his Helicopter.
- Batman/Bruce Wayne
- Superman/Clark Kent
- The Joker
- Lex Luthor
- Captain Boomerang
- Commissioner Gordon
- The Flash
- Green Lanten
- Harley Quinn
- LexCorp Receptionist
- Martian Manhunter
- The Penguin
- Poison Ivy
- The Riddler
- Vicki Vale
- Wonder Woman
Differences between the game and the film
- During the Arkham Breakout, Robin and Batman split up instead of fighting the same villain.
- Bane's Mole Machine is an alternate-colored version of the Thunder Driller from Power Miners.
- Batman only uses his regular attire and his Bat Suit, instead of using all his suits.(Although the Power, Sensor and Electricity suits can be seen in the Batcave.)
- At Ace Chemicals, the Joker makes a picture of his face with chemicals, which is what caused the fire.
- Robin only carries one brick affected by the Deconstructor instead of carrying multiple samples.
- When Superman saves Batman and Robin, they leave Ace Chemicals.
- The Kryptonite Joker creates is automatically revealed to be a tracking device.
- At the Juggernaut, only Batman fights the Joker.
- Joker says "No hard feelings?" after he shocks Batman instead of before.
- The Whirly Bat is multicoloured.
- Batman and Superman never board the VTOL.
- The Lexcorp receptionist is a normal human and the battle with her is omitted as such.
- Batman and Superman take the bus instead of traveling through the subway system.
- The gas only makes people want Joker as president, unlike the game, where the victims wanted Lex as president.
- The multi-colored Batmobile is more colorful.
- When Wonder Woman holds up Wayne Tower, she is piloting the invisible jet.
- Cyborg uses his sonic laser cannon from "Teen Titans" instead his laser eye beam.
- The battle with Lex's power armour is left out.
- The plot is taken from LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes.
- Some of the scenes are taken from cutscenes from LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes. However they are re-animated for the movie.
- A Clark Kent minifigure is included with the movie as a bonus.
- New cutscenes are added in order for the plot to make sense.
- The Dinosaur that Cyborg is locking into a cage is set 4958 Monster Dino. The same scene appears in LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes.
- United States of America's President, Barack Obama, appeared on Lex Luthor's computer when he watched the presidential statistics.
- When Superman throws Batman in the air on their way to Lexcorp, the shape of Batman's cape and cowl matches the logos of Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, and The Dark Knight Rises.
- Even though the Flash is featured in LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes, he makes his only speaking line in the film.