|LEGO → Super Heroes → DC Universe|
|LEGO DC Super-Villains|
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
Single Player, Simultaneous Two-Player
Nintendo Switch, Playstation 4,
LEGO DC Super-Villains is the upcoming fourth installment in the LEGO DC Videogame series. It will be released on October 16, 2018 on Nintendo Switch, Playstation 4, Xbox One, and PC in North America, and October 19, 2018 elsewhere.
Embark on an all-new LEGO open-world adventure by becoming the best villain the universe has seen in LEGO DC Super-Villains. For the first time, a LEGO game is giving you and your family the ability to play as a super-villain, unleashing mischievous antics and wreak havoc in an action-packed, hilarious story written in collaboration with DC Comics.
The Joker, Harley Quinn, Lex Luthor, and others from the Injustice League won’t stand for second-best when it comes to villainy. Embrace your inner super-villain, as you battle opponents, solve puzzles, and overcome obstacles using menacing pranks and tactics experienced best from the unique perspective of the bad guys.
The Justice League has disappeared, leaving Earth’s protection to their counterparts from a parallel universe, the “Justice Syndicate”, a new, strange group of wannabe superheroes with unclear intentions. Whether it’s Graffiti Spraying walls in Metropolis or using Fear Toxins to scare characters in Gotham City, super-villains have full reign to use any trick in their arsenal to stop the Justice Syndicate’s evil scheme.
Whilst en route to Stryker's Island with a "special subject," Commissioner Gordon receives word from Detective Renee Montoya that The Joker has broken into Wayne Tech. Dismissing this to focus on the task at hand, Gordon proceeds to Metropolis. Arriving at Stryker's Island, he meets with the incarcerated Lex Luthor, seeking assistance regarding a very peculiar suspect. This mysterious individual had been apprehended following a break in at a laboratory previously owned by Professor Ivo, a colleague of Luthor. Ivo and Luthor had both taken part in the 'Amazo' Project, an android capable of stealing powers from heroes.
The mysterious individual arrives accompanied by Lex Luthor's personal body guard, Mercy Graves, disguised as a security guard. Mercy reveals herself to those present, and successfully releases both Lex and the rookie villain from custody. The trio proceeds throughout the penitentiary, reuniting with Cheetah and Solomon Grundy along the way. The group delves further into the facility to break out Metallo, who is able to apprehend Superman following his arrival. They proceed out to the coast, followed by the newly released prisoners, where they are intercepted by the remaining members of the Justice League, sans Batman.Meanwhile following the Wayne Tech break in, The Joker and Harley Quinn are captured by Batman in the Batwing. Caught in the battle between the newly released inmates and the Justice League, the Batwing crashes, and Batman is chased away by Grundy. In an attempt to flee the area, The Joker and Harley climb the Gotham City Clocktower and board the Jokercopter. Their victory is short lived however, as they soon crash into Lex and Mercy, landing on a nearby rooftop. Suddenly, the released inmates are all defeated with ease by a new group of individuals, calling themselves the "Justice Syndicate," who each appear to be physically similar to a member of the Justice League...
- Anthony Ingruber
- Christopher Swindle
- Clancy Brown - Lex Luthor
- Cree Summer - Mercy Graves
- Erica Luttrell - Cheetah
- Fred Tatasciore - Solomon Grundy
- Greg Miller
- Josh Keaton - Green Lantern
- Kevin Conroy - Batman
- Mark Hamill - The Joker
- Michael Rosenbaum - The Flash
- Nolan North - Ultraman
- Susan Eisenberg - Wonder Woman
- Tara Strong - Harley Quinn
- Tom Kane - Commissioner Gordon
- Travis Willingham - Superman
- Liam O'Brien - Voice director
✦ indicates a character that may not be playable directly from the character grid, but can be created within the Customizer.
- This is the first LEGO game to focus entirely on villains, similar to the villain levels featured in LEGO Batman: The Videogame.
- The game's release also marks the 10th anniversary of LEGO Batman: The Videogame.
- This is the first LEGO game featuring a custom character in the main story.
- The stud bonus in each level is called "True Villain."
- The game has a deluxe edition. With it, you can get a Lex Luthor (Superman Suit) minifigure and early access to the DC TV villains character pack. If you order the deluxe edition online, you gain early access to the Justice League Dark character pack rather than the minifigure.
- The game's storyline takes influence from the 2013-2014 New 52 storyline, "Forever Evil". Hence the inclusion of the Crime Syndicate of America and the game's focus on Super-Villains.
- This is the first LEGO Game to feature comic book characters since LEGO Dimensions to have original voice acting utilized by actors who are part of the Screen Actors Guild‐American Federation of Television and Radio Artists (SAG-AFTRA) following the conclusion of the 2016–17 video game voice actor strike. Whereas LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 featured a non-union voice talent from the United Kingdom.