- “I don't know what you're talking about, or do I?”
- ―Lavertus to Cragger
- “For Chima!”
Lavertus is an exiled lion from the Lion Tribe. It was Mentioned in Episode 17- "Laval in Exile" that he was exiled to the Outlands when Laval was only a cub. He is the brother of Lagravis (making him the uncle of Laval), and the only known dark brown lion. He was exiled because he stole Chi, under the influence of a persuader plant used by Crominus
Following his exile, he went to the outlands and presumably built his Outland Base. Later, he returned to Chima under the guise of ShadoWind and would participate in races for the Golden Chi. He did this when he discovered his new neighbors(the bats, scorpions and spiders) so he could gain golden CHI and build a stronghold in the outlands. As ShadoWind, he didn't speak except for two words: "For Chima!".
When the tribal warriors went to the Outlands, he provided the warriors with sanctuary and assistance in saving the Legend Beasts, but he has some strange secrets of his own. He also made the special Outland Armor for the eight heroes. He also is revealed to have a chamber of Golden CHI, probably from previous races, or perhaps even stolen. In A Tangled Web, he rescued the crocs from the spiders, and saved the CHI from the spiders. He was commented on being a good snack maker by Gorzan.
- He gave the nickname of the Crocodile Legend Beast, Crocky.
- He might have feelings for Queen Crunket because he says her scarf is his most prized possession. King Crominus was also mad to know that Lavertus helped the 8 heroes of Chima. He did help her and the Crocodile Legend as Shadowind.
- He was exiled because he stole Chi because of Crominus' persuader plant. He left because he didn't want the tribes go to war.
- He was loved by Crunket.
- He is presumably killed in This May Sting a Bit when he gave Cragger, Crominus and the rest of the heroes time to get out of the cave.
- He realised that if he and Crominus kept fighting for Crunket, the one of Chima's greatest warriors (Cragger) would not be born.
- In the short "Shado Valious", he used the Shado Valious for: taking cupcakes out of the oven, cutting down trees near his hideout, as a fishing rod, and for tossing dirty socks with insects outside when scorpions are near his hideout. When the scorpions are repelled by the odor and the insects, Lavertus thinks the socks are trying to get back in.
- In Episode 27, his helmet is seen frozen. This could foreshadow his return.
- Crominus hypnotized him to steal CHI out of the Lion Temple.
Gallery of Variants
- 70129 Lavertus' Twin Blade (Lavertus (Gold Armor))
- 70134 Lavertus' Outland Base (Lavertus (Silver Armor))
- 70140 Stinger Duel (ShadoWind)
- Legends of Chima: The Animated Series (As ShadoWind and Lavertus):
- "The Warrior Within" (Mentioned)
- "The Biggest Race Ever"
- "Gorillas Gone Wild"
- "The CHI Jackers"
- "Crocodile Tears"
- "Laval in Exile"
- "The Black Cloud"
- "For Chima!"
- "Into the Outlands"
- "A Tangled Web"
- "The Legend Thief"
- "The Eagle and The Bear"
- "Tooth or Consequences"
- "This May Sting a Bit"
- "Dreams of Fire" (His helmet only)