- "It's not personal. It's just business...Lord Business!"
- ―President Business
Lord Business, also known as President Business, is the main antagonist of The LEGO Movie.
Lord Business normally wears a gray business suit. He has a yellow head with a large brown unibrow and an evil smirk. One of his personas wears square brown hairpiece, and his other wears an elaborate headdress decorated with red coffee cups, a chest plate with a metal business tie as well as a long cape that also resembles a business tie and exaggeratedly large boots with sections that light up. The boots can also change their height to however Business wants. His alternate face resembles his visor down.
Lord Business is the alter ego of President Business, an uptight company president who wants to organize everything around him. As Lord Business, he commands a robot militia with plans to take over the world by gluing it together with a substance called Kragle which is actually a tube of Krazy Glue.
Believing imagination to be weird and messy in a world of order, he considers anyone with creativity in mind to be a threat--including Emmet who, despite not having a creative bone in his body, possesses the "cap" to seal his defeat.
- "Release Every Micro Manager we have!"
- ―Lord Business
In the final battle, Emmet convinces Lord Business that creativity is not messy or weird, and that it is okay for the people to build brand-new ideas from all the things Business himself had made, which makes him special, too, just like everyone is special. Moved by Emmet's speech and touched by being considered special, Business applies the Piece of Resistance on the Kragle, which soon causes the Kragle to explode, deactivating all of his robot minions, and unfreezing his victims (though the real "victims" were saved when the Man Upstairs cleaned the glue off them). As a result, Lord Business used a watering can and says "Oops, I've got the antidote for the Kragle!".
|This is a description taken from LEGO.com. Do not modify it. (visit this item's product page)|
“Let’s take extra care to follow the instructions, or you’ll be put to sleep.”
President Business is the president of the massive Octan Corporation… and the entire world. All he wants is for everybody to follow his instructions for how to build and act all the time. After all, an orderly Bricksburg is a happy Bricksburg.
But President Business is more than he appears. Although few suspect it, he is secretly Lord Business, an evil mastermind with a plan to glue the world together so it stays exactly the way he wants – forever! Can the prophesied Special stop his sinister scheme in time?
- He is voiced by Will Ferrell.
- He is president of the Octan corporation and the world.
- Both his square hairpiece and elaborate helmet were designed exclusively for him. Also, his pants are all one piece. The black slanted brick is attached to his legs, explaning why he comes with 2 pairs of legs in Lord Business' evil lair.[source?]
- His Minifigures variant has his jacket unbuttoned as opposed to his original variant.
- His ultimate goal was to glue the entire LEGO world together, preventing anyone from messing with his stuff. The reason for this is because no one had ever told him that he was special.
- It is hinted in his bio that since his company Octan makes voting machines, he may have most likely used them to cheat on the political elections. This is why he was elected instead of Abraham Lincoln.
- In the Game Builder, he appears as an obstacle. He moves up and down, smashing any unlucky heroes underneath his feet.
- His hairpiece differs from the one in the actual film, as the grey on it only covers the bottom part.
- He owns a collection of relics (which are actually items made by human beings) whose origins are unknown to the LEGO worlds, among which is the "Cloak of Ban-Da-id" (an old, worn-out Band-Aid), the "Knife of Exact-Zero" (an X-ACTO knife blade), the "Fleece Crested Scepter of Que-Teip" (a Q-Tip cotton swab), the "Po-lish Remover of Na-il", (a container of nail polish remover), and his ultimate weapon, the Kragle (a tube of Krazy Glue with the letters 'z', 'y', and 'u' smudged out).
- Due to the film's events having been conceived through a child's imagination, Lord Business is based on his father, "The Man Upstairs", who is also played by Will Ferrell.
- From behind, Business' helmet and cape form the appearance of a business tie.
Gallery of Variants