“Cyrus Borg? Yes. Unfortunately when my parents gave me a name like that, my future in technology was predetermined.”—Cyrus Borg"
Cyrus Borg, or OverBorg, is a Ninjago figure in the REBOOTED line.
Cyrus Borg's minifigure shows him when he was the OverBorg. He has a black hairpiece along with a cybernetic eye. He also has a black shirt with robotic parts and plain grey legs.
The Age of Technology
After the defeat of the Overlord, Cyrus Borg encouraged the citizens of Ninjago rebuild Ninjago City. He made the city a center of technological advancements and named it, "New Ninjago City". He made many inventions such as the hover-car, security mech, super hybrid assault vehicle, fighter jet, and hover-copter. He built Borg Industries on the site of the Overlord's defeat. He was also working on The Digiverse, a game where the player will be digitally scanned inside.“Welcome to New Ninjago City! The future is what we make it!”—Cyrus Borg
Rise of the Digital Overlord
In The Surge, the Overlord returned which is disguise himself as computer virus. He told Borg to make the Ninja return to New Ninjago City. When the Ninja arrived, Cyrus Borg came with a spider-like mech chair, and told the Ninja he had been disabled all of his life. He also told Zane that he felt sorry his father died. Then, Cyrus gave the Ninja a statue of himself. Inside, he put in the Techno Robes and Blades. He told Kai that the Ninja must go, and that the Overlord is listening. Soon, the Overlord discovered that Cyrus Borg gave the Ninja the Techno Blades, which were the only thing that could defeat him. He added robotic parts to Cyrus and possessed his mech chair.“Protect them with your life! All of Ninjago depends on it! You're right! I should never have built it here! You must go; he's listening!”—Cyrus Borg
Helping the NinjaIn Blackout, builders at Borg Industries find Cyrus Borg on the ground. When Cyrus Borg wakes up, he sees that the Overlord's hard drive is gone. Since the Overlord possessed Borg's mech chair, Cyrus traveled on an ordinary wheel chair.
In The Curse of the Golden Master, Cyrus Borg meets the Ninja, telling them that a "Stranger" has stolen the Digital Overlord's hard drive, as well as some prototypes. He uses some of P.I.X.A.L.'s energy the power his computers.
In Codename: Arcturus, Pythor turns Cyrus evil again, becoming the OverBorg. As OverBorg, he builds Arcturus, a rocket that will bring the Nindroids to the Golden Weapons of Spinjitzu. However, the Ninjago noticed and came to their base in Ouroborus. He stopped Lloyd from preventing Pythor of launching the Arcturus. He throws him down the platform, but Lloyd survives because the Ninja catch him.“Borg is still here! What use is he now that Project: Arcturus is completed?”—Overlord to Pythor
In The Void, the OverBorg arrives to Borg Industries, along with Pythor and the Overlord. They place the Overlord in a capsule restoring his body as a 90% Golden Master.
Rise of the Titanium Ninja
“I used to think technology would be the answer to all of our problems. But then, I saw technology invent new problems; devestating problems. And then, a Nindroid named Zane saved us all. He was the perfect balance between us and technology. He taught us that live should be a balance. Technology can improve our lives, but so can people. And if we focus on one expense over the other, that's when the balance is off. Our city will find its way again; but this time with Zane as our compass. With that, I give to you, the Titanium Ninja!”—Cyrus Borg's speech in Zane's funeral
In The Titanium Ninja, General Cryptor frees Borg. He gets on his wheel chair and tells the Ninja he has a weapon that can weaken the Golden Master. A shrinking pill. Wu and Garmadon try to put it into the Overlord's mouth, but Pythor swallows it, instead. Soon, Zane sacrifices himself to the Overlord, teaching Cyrus that humanity is more important than technology. He builds a statue in honor of him and dubs him "The Titanium Ninja."
- He has been disabled all his life. First moving around with a wheelchair, then with spider-like mechanical legs.[source?]
- His villain name (Overborg) is a play on the words "Overlord" and "Cyborg". His real name (Cyrus Borg) is a play on "Cyborg".
- Cyrus Borg had made the ninja outfits and Techno Blades.
- He has created Borg Tower, P.I.X.A.L., the hover car, and the security mech. OverBorg created the MechDragon.
- Jay has a Cyrus Borg poster on the wall of his room.
- His minifigure has a double sided head, one side showing him as the OverBorg and the other as Cyrus Borg, with a smile and no mechanical eye.
- The Overlord's hold on Cyrus was broken when the power cut off, as his cybernetics ceased to function.
- After being released from the Overlord's control, Cyrus removed the mechanical part of his head like a mask, but the metal on his torso and arm remained.
- It has also been revealed that Borg is talented at sculpting, as he had created a statue of himself for the Ninja, in the city, and in honor of Zane.