Brickipedia is currently undergoing a change with the naming of part articles and this article's name may be outdated.
|Design ID: 3001||Years in production: 1979|| Available Colours: |
Part 3001, the 2 X 4 Stud part is one of the most basic of all bricks. It is most commonly used in models and is the logo of many websites and once LEGO's logo. It used to be hollow inside with slots in it's sides to allow for windows and doors. After that the slots vanished and the hollow brick appeared. Followed by the biggest LEGO invention, the tubes on the bottom of the brick. This made the brick more versatile than ever before. By this time, the LEGO logo is printed on each of the studs. This brick has been seen in many colours, but most commonly red and white. Older sets had red, white, black, blue, yellow and transparent bricks in them.
The 3001 is also the brick used for most tests. These bricks are known as Bayer test bricks and were made for LEGO by the Bayer company to test the new plastic (ABS). Other companies have been known to make test bricks too. Test 3001 come in a wide range of colours.
|This article or section is incomplete.|
Please improve the article, or discuss the issue on the talk page.
- 4496 50th Anniversary Tub (8)
- 4105 50th Anniversary Bucket (8)
- 4411 Blue Strata XXL (1)
- 4679 Bricks and Creations (2005) (1)
- 10018 Darth Maul Bust (83)
- 3458 2x4 Black Bricks (50)
- 9280 Giant LEGO Dacta Basic Set (38)
- 2199 Large Bulk Bucket (32)
- 1745 Box of Standard Bricks, 3+ (28)
- 638 Lots of Extra Basic Bricks, 3+ (28)
- 9780 ROBOLAB Starter Set (28)
- 4504 Millenium Falcon (27)
- 4504 Millenium Falcon (Redesign, Original Trilogy Box) (27)
- 9793 ROBOLAB Team Challenge Set (Serial) (25)
- 9719 Robotics Invention System (25)
- 9794 Team Challenge Set with USB Transmitter (25)
- 9790 ROBOLAB Team Challenge Set (Serial) (25)
- 4213 Super Set 200 (24)