|Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time|
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time was a licensed LEGO sub-theme that featured sets based on the Walt Disney Pictures and Jerry Bruckheimer film 'Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time', itself based on the video game of the same name. There was only one wave of sets, all of which were released on April 26, 2010. In an unusual move, the first commercials for the theme broadcasted on April 5 of 2010, weeks before the sets were released. There are no further sets planned for the theme and it was discontinued in that same year of its release, similar to the The Lone Ranger theme. Since there is no sequel planned, there will not be any more sets made.
The sets of this theme were based on specific scenes in the movie, though considerable license was taken with accuracy. A design feature of the larger sets is a significant number of exposed studs on vertical surfaces, intended to allow players to replicate the athletic wall-running stunts characteristic of the movie and games. The sets are notable for introducing new LEGO animal figures, such as camels and ostriches. It includes one of the only horses with torso designs, in the Desert Attack set. They also feature new pieces and accessories for Minifigures, which use the flesh-colored faces common to licensed lines. Most sets contain many gold-colored pieces and elements in the new medium-nougat color, an off-brown shade introduced in the line, though used in several other places since.
List of sets
|20017||Dagger Trap||52||Dastan||April 2010|
|7569||Desert Attack||57||Dastan, Skeleton||$10.99 / €13.99||April 2010|
|7570||The Ostrich Race||169||Dastan, Ostrich Jockey||$19.99 / €19.99||April 2010|
|7571||The Fight for the Dagger||258||Dastan, Market Seller||$29.99 / €34.99||April 2010|
|7572||Quest Against Time||506||Dastan, Princess Tamina, Nizam, Zolm||$49.99 / €59.99||April 2010|
|7573||Battle of Alamut||821||Alamut Guard (2), Dastan, Gool, Nizam, Seso, Tamah||$79.99||April 2010|
- A mini-movie promoting the theme, named as the Prince of Persia Mini-Movie, was released on May 7th, 2010, on Disney XD.
- Walt Disney Pictures and Jerry Bruckheimer are also known for producing the Pirates of the Caribbean films and The Lone Ranger.
- During July, 2009's San Diego Comic-Con International, a Jack Sparrow minifigure had been inserted into LEGO's Prince of Persia display as a teaser.
- There are many LEGO pieces of this theme where reused later in other LEGO themes, for example, the Daggers of the Time had been reused as Tauriel's daggers in The Hobbit.
- The theme has only six sets, one of the smallest numbers of any theme. A similar theme, The Lone Ranger, had eight sets.