|Radagast the Brown|
Radagast the Brown, also referred to as simply Radagast, is a minifigure from The Lord of the Rings theme that appears in LEGO The Lord of the Rings: The Video Game. Radagast was also included in 79014 Dol Guldur Battle as part of The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug subtheme of The Hobbit.
Radagast the Brown was a Maiar, one of the five Istari, summoned to protect Middle-earth, along with Saruman the White, Gandalf the Grey, Pallando the Blue and Alatar the Blue. The Maiar were spirits who helped create Middle-earth. Radagast's Maiar name was Aiwendi but the people of Middle-Earth preferred to call him Radagast. Like the other Istari, Radagast was thousands of years old and took the form of an old man. He was the caretaker of woodland creatures, and lived in the southern part Greenwood the Great, later Mirkwood. Radagast preferred the company of animals rather than people. He played an important role in the movie, The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey. Radagast aided in the finding of the Necromancer (Sauron's alias as a dark sorcerer), and helped the company of Dwarves get to Rivendell. He also appears in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug. In the The Lord of the Rings he sends a Great Eagle to rescue Gandalf of Orthanc.
- On his product page, Dol Guldur is misspelled "Dol Gulder".
- Radagast is exclusive to the Dol Guldur Battle set.
- In LEGO The Lord of the Rings: The Video Game he has Gandalf the Grey's torso, but in brown.
- His hat and beard are one piece.
- His double-sided head shows angry expression on one side. In the movies, however, he never had that expression - he was more like happy or scared.
- Radagast was played by Sylvester McCoy who is best known for playing the Seventh Doctor on the popular British show Doctor Who. In addition, Radagast's head is identical to the Seventh Doctor despite having different features.
Video Game Appearances
Gallery of Video Game Variants