The San Diego Comic-Con International is one of the largest gathering of comics and popular arts in the world. It is held annually at the San Diego Convention Center. 2009 marked the 40th anniversary of the convention.
The LEGO Group has had a larger and larger presence at Comic-Con every year, showcasing their newest sets, putting them up for sale, and having contests. Every year there are several free giveaways, usually a promotional brick or keychain. The LEGO booth usually has several lifesize LEGO models/statues, such as Captain Rex, C-3PO, Buzz Lightyear, ect.
List of Comic-Con Exclusive Sets Edit
- Commemorative Limited Edition Batman Announcement
- SDCC Exo-Force Pin Set
- BIONICLE Ignition 3: Showdown - SDCC Edition
- Comic-Con Exclusive Clone Wars Set
- Batman Comic-Con Exclusive
- SDCC Indiana Jones Brickmaster 2008 Set
- LEGO Star Wars Collectible Display Set 1
- LEGO Star Wars Collectible Display Set 2
- LEGO Star Wars Collectible Display Set 3
- LEGO Star Wars Collectible Display Set 4
- LEGO Star Wars Collectible Display Set 5
- LEGO Star Wars Collectible Display Set 6
- Pin50 LEGO Rockband, San Diego Comic-Con 2009 Exclusive
- SDCC Star Wars Brickmaster Exclusive 2009
- SDCC Holo-Brick Archives
- Comic-Con Exclusive Batman Giveaway
- Comic-Con Exclusive Green Lantern Giveaway
- Star Wars Advent Calendar Preview Edition
- The Quest For The Secret Relics
- Darth Maul’s MINI Sith Infiltrator
- Comic-Con Exclusive Phoenix Giveaway
- Comic-Con Exclusive Venom Giveaway
- Comic-Con Exclusive Shazam Giveaway
- Comic-Con Exclusive Bizarro Giveaway
New York Comic-Con Exclusive sets Edit
So far, only one known promotional set has been given away at NYCC, the Comic-Con Exclusive Superman Giveaway.
Mission Statement Edit
Comic-Con International is a nonprofit educational organization dedicated to creating awareness of, and appreciation for, comics and related popular art forms, primarily through the presentation of conventions and events that celebrate the historic and ongoing contribution of comics to art and culture.